Maf Recal

plev72

I am going to 42lb injectors. I have a C&L MAF with a 36lb sampling tube. I am getting a tuner. Can the computer sort out the deal between the MAF and the injectors, or do have to get the bigger sampling tube?

Read this:

Mass Air Meter and Injector Considerations on an SC By “Dr” Fred Holzhauer

My feable summed up version:
The recommendation would be to get a sample tube to match the 42s first. Then get a EEC Tuner board or get a custom chip burned. The C&L will be close but off under certain load conditions. Getting the correct paremeters into the EEC will inshure optimum performance at all condition besides idle and WOT. The reason for getting the matching sample tube is incase of failure with the aftermarket chip or add on tuner board.

Jerry

Unless your motor can suck enough air to 'peg' the MAF, the tuner will take care of it. You just need the MAF curve for that sampling tube to put into the tuner file.

I ran a 36# tube and 48# injectors in mine for quite a while. I recently added a few more mods and now I peg the meter @5V around 4200rpm. So I ordered a 50# tube to lower the voltage output and keep it in range.

If you plan on really going balls out, then think about a different MAF tube. But, I don't think it will be necessary.

Later,
Steve

Back