90scoutoftime

BIGBIRD

:confused: Ok so when the car is running I got a check engine, so I stop it then the rpm's goes up and down, between 500 to 1000, it seems like the car is gonna shut of, when I do it and start it again my rpm's goes to zero , after a few minuts running down the rpm's starts to work sometimes accompanied with a little detonation or a pull, I think it feels like a electrical problem, but the car is getting worse and worse,
What can I do, I used the DIS of another sc but doesn't work, may be the crank sensor, harmonic balancer?????????
heeeeeeeeellllllllpppppppp.

I hope so, anyway, isn't it dificult to install a new cam sensor? I'm not a mechanic but I love my car, here in México is very difficult to find someone who really Knows this cars, imagine!!!! they told me that nothing's wrong with my car and I paied for it!!!

i appreciate any help to fin out how to remove this sensor,
I guess is good step to start

The cam sensor is about the easiest thing to do. 2 small (6mm I think) bolts hold it on. Unless its the original which may have a tamper resistant torx screw. If so, just grind the nub off with a drill bit or slot the head of the bolt with a dremel tool and use a screwdriver to take it out. The cam sensor is a black hockey puck looking thing located to the left of and just below the SC snout. Remove the belt, unplug the sensor and take it off. Install the new one, put the belt back on and thats it. Takes about 10 minutes. Be sure to stuff a rag or paper towels underneath it to catch the bolts incase they fall down.. its a pain to find them if they fall down and you will drop one at least once ;)

CAM SENSOR 90SC

:) OK, i GOT IT, THANKS FOR THE REPLY,
I´M GONNA DO IT TODAY,
OHH, YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS RUNNING DOWN THE STREET EVERY TIME THAT I GAS, THE CAR LOSED POWER, I HAD TO PUSH IT UNTIL 5 OR 10 PSI, AND WHEN I STOP IT, LIKE I SAID, RPM'S GOES UP AND DOWN,

IS THE SAME PROBLEM?????

ANYWAY, IM SO GLAD TO HELP ME GUYS

HÉCTOR

How did you get the car to Mexico?

Hey I'm from Mexico also. I'm from Chihuahua.
I tried to take one of my sc s to Mexico, but I couldn't find any auto parts that had parts for these cars; I didn't think there was any supercoupes in Mexico.

Donde estás, en Amarillo Tx?
eres residente o ciudadano?

no tienes porque tener problemas para pasarlo al lado mexicano el problema, que creo que es a lo que te refieres, es mantenerlo aquí, asi que la solución es ir a la aduana y tramitar tus placas fronterizas, pero hay un límite territorial para desplazarte sin ningún problema.
La verdad aquí en Tamaulipas sí he encontrado la mayoría de las partes que se me han ofrecido pero muy caras, el problema es encontrar mecánicos capacitados, o más bien yo diría que conozcan estos carros.

see you around

Héctor

:cool:

Back