Re-order of chapters...

D

Dean Shirley

Is there some way to re-order the chapers? Like Group the ones from one area together. Move some of the larger ones to the top? Put Nor-Cal and So-Cal beside each other... NJ and NY... etc

Just a thought. Little bit of house keeping.

I've debated putting the most used ones at the top, but perhaps some combination of the two would work best. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
-Ron

How about a place where people could submit thier names & where they are from if they are interested in a chapter, but there is none in the area. That way we could see if there was enough people from an area, and maybe a new chapter could get started. Just an idea.

Thomas

I'm just kinda curious as to why there is a NE chapter???? If you go to that chapter link there has been no activity there for quite awhile basing that upon any dates I have seen. I think there are only a couple guys here in the NE that even attend the BBS. I wish they'd do something, whoever is in charge of that chapter!

SKIP

are these going to be reordered soon?

makes sense to put NJ, NY and Mid-Atlantic in the same vicinity.. same with the Cali and NW chaps.

how bout putting the most used ones at the bottom, this way the less frequented chapters can be seen more often by those that normally don't scroll down that far?

Grouping them by "area" makes the most sence to me.

I know when I'm in a hurry I just visit the Iowa board and the Midwest board. It would be more convinient to have them next to each other. (But it's not like it's that far to move the mouse, but ...... well ...... you know)!

Ok I have re-ordered them geographically...

let me know what you think...

Go east to west or west to east....

And all the canadian Chapters should be together... So I dont know why ontario and NW and manitoba are on opposite ends?

Thomas,

I added a new forum called "I want a chapter near me" for you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Ron

Ron :

I still think the canadian chapters should all be together... Because for me at least, If i came into these forums as a canadian... I would search right away for the CDN ones... so if they are right beside each other.. then if someone sees Ontario, its a good chance theyll notice Manitoba say, which might be the one they are looking for!!!

As well, west to east, or east to west makes more sense then the clockwise thing... just my opinion tho!

idea...

How about seperating the forums into "USA" and "Canadian" groups, and then go east to west within each group. :)

Re: Formation alters our inner default settings (!)

To me, this topic is more an issue of "functionality"
and no one ideal answer to be sought.....?!

Therefore, more functional would be a minimum of
TWO sorted groups:
1- Meaningful geographic focus, however ordered.
2- By size, so that those wanting more action,
know where to go looking for it, etc.

Back