Aluminum Jackshaft.

12 RWHP? Wow, that's decent, real decent. I'm a little afriad to be responding to this, but heck yeah, can you make more???

Thomas

I can, I'm working on a group buy now for the boys in the Ontraio club. I'm hoping to have a few of these at Carlisle with me, if anyone there may want one.

As for shipping them to guys, not yet. After the trip down to carlisle, then I'll start to ship ones, if the demand is high enough.

What type of aluminum is that? It's got maybe 60 or more horsepower going through it at times, and I'd be slightly worried about fatigue. Anyhow, I might want one too! How much would you be selling these for?

6061 T-6, same as any after market crank pulley you would buy.

I wasn'ty sure that anyone would want one(in the USA). If you guys go look at the SCCoO, there is a group buy on that board. I'm doing 20 for them. The price is $250 CDN, which is about $160-170, depending on the exchange rate.

I'm still looking in to the shipping cost & most effective way to get them down south.

I'll everyone posted.

Any other questions, plese don't hesitate to ask me.

Shipping from Canada

Right Jeff, I ship lots of stuff across Canada and to the States and would suggest that you use the Post Office as much as possible. It generally takes up to 7 business days but everybody saves, cash & hassle. I even send SC rims that way b/c they take up to 65lb. UPS has got to be the worst, making you pay a brokers fee that is sometimes more than the item is worth. Good luck, I like your part.

Ryan,

A couple questions about the 12 rwhp increase. Was this increase documented by doing a base line pull then installing the new jackshaft pulley and doing another pull, on the same dyno the same day ? If not will you please explain how the comparison was made or post the dyno sheets.

I don't mean to sound skeptical or question your integrity, but 12 rwhp is a very healthy gain just from the reduced weight of one pulley.

David

Last edited:
I, Myself witnessed the dynoing that day, Ryan did a stock base line run, then shut her off and tossed on that pulley he fabed up.. then did another run like 10 mins later, and actually got 13 or something hp gain from it, then he did another run and got like 12.4 hp gain from it.

Mel the Dyno owner is big into mustang's hes got a 1300 hp twin turboed 351 fox bodied stang, doing a 1/4 mile in 8.79 seconds.
When he saw the hp gain from just changing the pulley he looked at Ryan and said What the F*** did you do?, amazed at how such a little part got such a gain, but there is actually a formula to come to conclusion how much hp you could get out of this..Ryan new before hand that he would get at least 12 hp out of it, as he had been telling me for weeks he was going to advertise it as a 12-15 hp part.

Bruce

EDIT: he brought the Pulls for me to scan here they are

First Pull
With Harris Jackshaft Pulley

Last edited:
Yeah, Dvae thats what I did, I did a base pull, played with the car a bit, got the car running well. Then I swapped on the pulley. Had it cool down for about 10-15 mintuse, did a few more pulls. The jump was from 188 to 200 hores.

I'd show the charts, but Bruce has them at his place. Oh Bruce, could you scan those for me plese. Thanks.

I had 2 other memebers of the SCCoO with that day. Les Borda & Bruce Burns.

Like Bruce said, I was expecting that increase from the pulley. Paul Milawski(Paul 93 SC), he was the one who had the math all figured out for me.

I can see why some may question the gain. I'm not offened one bit. I'll get the charts up for all to see soon. The chart I have on the "most powerful" list is an old chart. The car has been de-tuned some for what I'll call "issues"

Thanks for all the interest in my work.

Bruce & Ryan,

Thanks for answering the questions so quickly and for not being offended. The method of testing couldn't be any more fair than what you have already done.

I have the ESM aluminum jackshaft pulley with 10% overdrive on my car, but dynoed it and my new heads and cam all at the same time. So I was never sure what gains came from where.

BTW, very nice looking part and sorry about the recent exchange rate.

David

Just to clarify.

Is this simply a weight change, or do we have different diameters of pullies at play here?

Is the pulley the same dimensions as the stock unit, just lighter weight?

Thanks.

yes its the exact same dimensions as the stock unit, nothing has changed in that aspect, the only thing that has changed is the wieght, im not sure the exact wieght of it, but ryan did wiegh them, he will be on shortly as hes at the club meeting tonight selling some of them :D

Wellllllllllllllllll

I cant see an aluminum pulley alone creating a 12rwhp increase..I really cant..I'm not saying that you didnt..But maybe there was some other variable.

Im with you slowpoke. I cant see that a reduction in pully weight would yeild such a gain. You said you played with it to get it to run better? maybe a eec tuner? Nice job on that thing. I would like one just for the looks but if it dose help in the performance department well thats just a plus.

I don't see any reason to doubt what he has there. Why would he and several other club members make things up? I've seen large gains from aluminum flywheels and windage trays. It's been proven by going to a an aluminum crank pulley, you can pick up similiar gains in horse power. It's all about physics.....

Thomas

Back