new rebuild

dakotaflstf

Need some advice on things I may have missed in doing a rebuild of a stock 91'SC. I want this vehicle to stay dependable and not a hot rod.

I am having the engine professionally rebuilt, blower rebuilt, new o2 sensors (where to buy, by the way), plugs, wires, radiator, pcv valve, clean IC tubes, IC fan, exhaust, motor and tranny mounts.

I know I should also probably get the upgraded harmonic balancer with the SCP3 Acc. Underdrive pulley set. I would rather suck up the expense now than have the stock one take a dump on me and cause problems down the road.

Can someone that has gone through what I am about to help me with anything I may have forgotten or do not know about that should be changed while I am going to this effort and expense.

dont forget the heater hoses as they are a pia to get to when the motors in. you may want to replace the sensors (ie. dis module, cam, crank, knock...) if you havent lately inspect all your vaccum lines when the motor is out, fix any that look brittle.

Chris

You will absolutely want to change the balancer (for a BHJ if possible). Removing the stock balancer for the rebuild will weaken the sleeve and lead to a failure.

Another thing to remember, be sure to seal all the intake, intercooler, and vacuum line connections. A leaky seal will have you thinking that the rebuild was botched. Also, this is a great time to install new (solid) engine mounts!!!

Back