Yet another electrical problem....

flyingunz

The other night when I cranked the Bird, my Climate Control flashed two codes, E3 and E7. It has now settled on E7. What gives? No control over my climate... Also, that night my oil change alert went from OK to change now. This was not due. This would add to my intermittent sunroof stoppage(electrical) and my flashing ARC firm light. (3 flashes= RT front)(Sprayed the assembly under the cover w/ WD-40?no luck.) Need input! Thanks.

lol WD-40 :)

theres an FAQ on the main site about the climate control, well what the code means.. other than that I cant help sorry

Don't just spray the top of the shock with WD-40. you need to then use a needle nose pliers and rotate the pin in the top of the shock back and forth making note of where it was when you started. This is to loosen it up.

E7 is the blend door.

With most automatic systems there is a blend door that controls how much air flows across the heater core, and how much air flows across the Evaporator core. Adjusting the amount of air over each allows for blending of cooling and heating air thus finite control over outlet temperatures.

Apprently the Ford system uses some sort of actuator motor that doesn't have a default home position. So it likely moves to it's stops and then uses that information to determine it's current position. So what the error is telling you is that the blend door can not determine it's position. This could be due to a failed motor control, failed wiring , or debris in the core that is preventing the blend door from moving.

Back