Cam Sensor Timing

OKThumper

OK, I have been reading everthing I can find on the board for the last couple of hours and still have not found the answer to my question, so I guess I will just ask the experts.

I beleive the Ford Stealership has miss timed my cam sensor after they took a month to put in my new engine ( see my post about the problems). Now my question is how can I check the cam sensor timing to make sure that is is 26 degress ATDC. Can it be done with out the timing setting tool, if so how? If not, who in OKC can give me a hand at getting it done properly, the Stealership WILL NOT see this car (or any other I own) ever again. $4k was a bit much for what they did, or rather didn't do.

Thanks
Thumper, oops, I am OKThumper on this board. :D :D :D

You need the proper tool from Ford to set the SC timing correctly. The tool is called the cam stator alignment tool. Most dealerships have them for the Windstar and Taurus, but not always for the SC. The mechanic who installed your engine may have misaligned your stator if he used the wrong tool.

Ask them about the tool, and if they have the SC version. If they don't know what you are talking about...then there is the problem.

Back