underdrive pullies

94scnflt

Maybe most of you have read my thread about my HB/crank pulley falling off on the freeway, or should I say breaking off. I have not got under the car to try and get the bolt out yet, maybe in the next week.
Anyway here is my question. I am going to put the BHJ HB on and while I have all the belts off and the time I want to put the 3 piece underdrive pulley set on. Now, my car runs hot as it is, if I underdrive the water pump will this make my car run even hotter? Is there a good aftermarket water pump to put on the car? I already have a 180 thermostat. If anyone has these pullies can you let me know how they are working for you? And my last question. I am going to eventually get a FMIC, could I get a 4.6 T-bird radiator and put it in for more cooling? Will that work or is the best idea to buy a griffen or another good quality aftermarket radiator? Any ideas would be great. Thanks for all the help. And to all that replied to my other thread about the HB nightmare I am having, thanks for the help and I will let you know what happens.

i did not read your other post but did the hb come off completly or do you have a piece on the crank still....cause that can be a pain to remove.

blownsuperbird

I don't know how to put a direct link to the other thread but the pics and info are there. It is on the second page of this forum titled "crank shaft pulley fell off on the freeway" If someone knows how to put a link to the other thread feel free.

My car did run a little warmer with the ASP pulleys, but the temp was like 80 outside. I just added a better mix of antifreeze and problem solved. About the waterpump I am pretty sure that no one makes an upgraded water pump for our cars

The ASP underdrives did not make mine run any warmer and I think they are a good mod worth a solid 15 hp.

Better cooling can be gained by turning the fans on sooner. If you put a 180 t-stat in and didn't change fan settings, it's not going to run cooler. You will need a chip, tuner or wire in manual fan controllers to turn the fans on sooner.

David

Back