Edelbrock TB?

Superloop

Hey, Does anyone have that Edelbrock Throtle Body on their car?
If so, how does it work? I'm thinking on getting one of those.
Somebody?

Nope, nobody in the last half hour

I've got one.

It works like this;
There is a round bore that is the actual "body." In this round bore there is a round plate attached to a pivot bar. This plate can pivot through 90 degrees, fully closing off the throttle body, or opening it completely. This pivoting is accomplished by a cable that pulls on a lever to move the plate horizontal to the ground providing a nearly completely open path for airflowing into the engine. When the cable does not have tension on it a spring pulls the plate vertical again, closing off this bore and restricting airflow through it.

Did that answer your question?

Oh OK.

For me it did not make any noticable performance difference. The only thing I noticed is a slightly louder sound from the blower.

The reason probably is that the stock throttle body is big enough to flow all the air my nearly stock engine requires. The edelbrock will likely make a more dramatic difference on a SC that has improved airflow in other areas, like ported heads, better cam, or ported supercharger.

In other words switching the TB alone won't give you much if any improvement since it isn't the only or biggest bottleneck in the system.

Damn Andy

Andy, you should post a little quicker next time and perhaps misunderstandings like these could be avoided. As for the throttle bodies I really have no idea, I had thought about upgrading mine stock meter, but after much discussion with some of the Hot Rodders of the SC world it was decided that perhaps, undrive pullies, and the Magnum Powers blower stuff would be a far better choice.

Dave

Back