look what can happen when you get rid of the Eaton

Can't wait to Whipple mine!

w938.jpg

Should get a few more ponies out of it. Still no completion date for my project, but it is still movin' on!

Looks like a drag boat motor, lol. Looks kewl gldiii :D

Those SVT numbers are just insane! Looks like the modular motors can handle the power after all.

Last edited:
George,

are you SURE you want to do this? :p

BTW: How are you going to get all that pressure through those aluminium blocks? :D

These types of posts make me go on a deep depression.
I go and spend all this money on the SC and for what.
285rwhp. why bother.????
Some one help me get thu this drepression right now......:( .

SC engine + SC Body= Why waste money?
03 cobra motor + mustang body= death trap.
03 cobra motor + SC body= Happines :) Security :) room :)

Im still depressed though.

Well I'll tell ya....

back in the "Muscle Car Era" I had a lot of Mustangs. A couple of 67 fastback GT's with 390's, 68 Shelby GT500KR and one of 1,500 real Boss 302's. Just a few, but the nastiest of the bunch was the worked 390 with lots of 406, 427 and 428 parts where they'd do the most good. That beast you had to feather to keep the wheels on the ground in 2nd gear, but a kidney belt was a good thing to have driving around on the street. :(

Now I've got a big Luxury Sport coupe that's almost as fast, goes around a curve one helava lot faster and stops in almost half the distance. And it's only a V6 ! :D

I'm Not depressed. ;)

It's a HP battle out there these days. Cars coming off the assembly lines are starting to have more HP than many of our cars. Plus their much lighter.

SC's are not well designed to play king of the mountain.

I don't put too much stock in those factory horsepower claims on a lot of new cars. Remember folks, it's the area under the curve, not the peak horsepower rating. The car manufacturers are definitely in a horsepower battle, but 99% of the time you drive the car, that 6000rpm peak horsepower is no help to you.

My WRX is rated 227 hp, only weighs 3000lb, and is a 5-speed, but still it doesn't feel anywhere near as fast as my SC. The quarter mile times are pretty close, but the SC has gobs of torque and the WRX doesn't. I like the WRX, but when I want to play, out comes the SC...

yes, that's true. you're not going to be using the peak horsepower that moch, but the higher the peak, the more you have under the curve, where you'll be using it.

Is that a hint Dave? I remember reading a post of yours that said you think you have found the most you could get out of your current setup. Could this be the next step :)?

Hmmm...

Uh, I think I remember.... (scratches arse)... no that can't be.

Oh... wait, I do remember a Kenne Bell blower project maybe on the Hyundai site:

irv2.jpg

Looks tasty.

Brandon,

Nope, I don't have any plans for under the hood of mine except to play around with the propane injection system. It would be nice if it made more power instead of less when it sprays.

But you know how power hungry and resourseful these St. Louis area guys are, I wouldn't be surprised to see several 11 second SCs popping up this spring.

{edit} Hey there's one now...Hi Chris

David

Last edited:
Power curves?

When your max torque comes in over 4,000rpm, that's not a curve, it's a narrow peak! If you have to run hi R's constantly, that engine's gonna get tired pretty quick. All you have to do is look at the long term test on a car like the Miata. Losing .2 in 0-60 after only a year is significant. The 1/4 times were also obvious.
Show me an engine with lots of low-mid range torque, and I'd expect it to last 100-200K like many of the SC's still out here! :p

Back