how needed part is this??

J

jpaitala

airdam1.jpg

What's the main purpose of this part (The black pastic) and how needed it is??

If you live in Texas, like myself, it is very needed. If you live in Finland, like yourself, you probably don't need it. It deflects air up into the condenser and radiator helping the overall cooling. But just note, without it, all you have is those 2 tiny little holes in the front bumper to let air through the radiator and the Intercooler.

Oh wait.. On second thought.. if you want the intercooler to work more effectively, you should keep it on.

It also lets you know when you're bottoming out while going over dips and bumps, leave it on if you can, its just held on with plastic pins. It pushes your bumper cover up so you don't damage it. New bumper covers with the "SC" sell for $600. US$ Good luck

I was just thinking this because I only have half of it left...
I have never seen the other half. :)
So I thought that I could make a custom one, if needed.

In the US you can buy one made for a Pontiac Grand Am pretty cheap (new) that just happens to be a great fit for the SC. It hangs down just a bit lower for more cooling power and you only need to redrill the mounting holes to bolt it right up. If your interested I could try and find the part#...

dads got a GTP so i might just take it off his :D if its a stock one! JK
Whats that part number and where do you get one caus mines tore up.

Chris

The temperature hardly ever goes above 80F in here,
so what would you guys suggest. Should I make a new "air damm" or leave it be as it is??

Thanks.

I would get the Grand-Am one that was mentioned and put that one on. It will never hurt to have better cooling in your SC.

Dale

Back