Lentech valve body

layinthesmack31

I was just curious as to what kind of performance this offers? i am not really familiar with it so i was just curious. where is the best place to get one and what one should i get for my 90 auto. and how hard is it to put in? well any help would be great. thanks :)
Matt

As far as I know, you can only get them from Lentech:

http://www.lentechautomatics.com/

Essentially, they perform the function of shift kits and can be built to your desired level of performance shifting. It also gives you full manual control of shifts. With the electric OD delete, you can flick a switch and be able to keep the car from shifting into overdrive, so you can manually shift 1,2 and 3. It also allows fully automatic operation of the tranny.

Installation is easier than a shift kit, because you only need to pull the trans pan, remove the old valve body and put in the new one. They also show you where to drill the hole for the wire to the selenoid in for the OD delete. That just wires up to a key-on power source and to an on-off switch.

I have one and am very pleased with it.

i have a shift kit in now and i am just curious if that will be removed when it is installed or will i still keep that? what is a good valve body to buy? where do u notice the most performance? and will i need anything else with it? just curious about it and what kind of performance i will get out of it. thanks
Matt

It will take the place of your shift kit, as it replaces the entire valve body. Lentech will make the mods for it to shiff as you want. Go to their site and read up on the levels of mods they offer for the AOD valve body. If you do decide to get one, when you call them to order they will discuss your needs and make one to suit you.

Since there are a couple of levels of mods (like shift kits) the performance leve will depend on what level you choose for your situation.

The gains come from being able to hold any gear and have the shift level set to the desired firmness. It is also great to be able to lockout OD for those 1/4 blasts.

Matt,

I've got the Lentech VB in my SC and love it. I ordered the level II which is about the same as a medium setting on the Trans-Go shift kit I had previously.

It shifts firm but not rough or hard in the automatic mode, but when manually shifted it hits the gears twice as hard. You feel it most on the 1-2 shift. I could not avoid chirping the tires on the 1-2 shift, unless I let off the gas while shifting.

Like George said, just unbolt the entire valve body you have now and replace it with the Lentech. I'm sure you could sell the valve body you have now with the shift kit already installed for about $125-$150. Drilling the hole and wiring a switch for the solenoid is easy.

David

Back