Curious about my mods

Scott Long

I am just kinda wondering how much hp I should expect to pick up from this stuff. I want to see if your guess is about what I'm guessing.

10% pulley, 3:31 gears, 190lph fuel pump, cats removed, and flowmaster resonator and mufflers.

I think it will feel like a different car since the gears and the pulley are big bang for the buck mods.

I'm thinking maybe 30 hp at the crank. Does that seem about right?

I didn't think that gearing would affect HP at the crank, only at the rear wheels?? From what I'm hearing, you might have been better of with a 5%, my 10% gave me a huge kick at first, but then the spark was retarded and I ran lousy times.

Of course, now the HG is blown and I don't even walk any times... but that didn't necessarily have anything to do with the 10%.

Well I know a handful of people running 10% with not problem, sounds like your car may have been out of tune.

I listed the gears because even though I'm only gaining maybe 15-18 hp at the rear wheels w/ the pulley and exhaust, the gears will make it feel a lot quicker.

I am also looking for a ZR intake but haven't been able to find one.

Your not going to pick up enough H.P. to ever see any other view of a F-Body than this...................

AH!

ohhh now that's a terrible thing to say,, lol. I personally watched an SC give a trans am a hell of a run and the trans am couldnt pull ahead at all.... :D
-Damon

plev72,

On early style blowers the 10% is fine, unless it has been ported. On 94 and up 10% is too much and will spin the blower too fast. I am running a 10% on my 94 and at top end it does feel powerless, so I think I will switch to a 5%.

Scott Long,

I don't know how much HP those mods will give you, but I do agree with "I think it will feel like a different car" mine did with those mods. On the exhaust you should really get new down pipes. Good luck

Victor

I'm a person who likes to be discrete and doesn't like putting negitive posts, well, acctually this is my first negitive post. Can you just get the hell out of here FordEater, this site is for people who love SCs. Like a previous post i read a couple minutes ago, any car can be built to go faster then another, people on this post are just trying to make a nice Luxurious car go faster. So I repeat, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE @$$EATER.

Sergio:)

10% on a 94-95 blower isn't too much..... assuming you have enough other mods to handle it. When I originally put a 94 blower on mine with a 91 pulley (about 3%-5% OD) it would pull 13-14 PSI compared to 11PSI I was getting with the 91 blower.

After a TON of mods and the new motor, the same blower and pulley combo could only muster 10-11.5 PSI. I ran it for a while with a 18% OD and it made 15-16 PSI.

It's not the OD or the blower... it's how much air the motor can handle.

Steve

Oh... and Scott... I'm betting you pickup 20-25 RWHP but it'll feel like alot more 'cause of the gears. I'm assuming this is your 5spd car, I have 3.31s in mine and love 'em.

Well put Steve, that is what I ment, its not that it is too much for the blower to handle, its too much for a stock 94 tbird engine. I do have a few mods but still feel the power low on top.

Back