main ground?

93lawnornament

I've read alot of the threads on the cam sensor and crank sensor and I'm sure that between the two I'll find my problem.....many thanks for those answers..........but another question I have.....I've had a 600 watt stereo system in my bird since new.......and when all of problems started someone mentioned it may be that the main ground has corroded......is this a viable answer or someone blowing smoke up my butt?:confused:

Well, my .02 cents is.......

If you were having a problem with the drivability of the car, yes maybe the ground. There is a ground cable from the negative battery terminal to the front support near the hood stopper. This is a drain to bleed any excessive current from the sensors and give a good reference to ground. Also, the main battery ground has been known to go bad due to motor mount failure since the motor mount is the mounting spot for the cable.

I had my car crap out my DIS module, Cam sensor, and I forget what else all at the same time. It was really spooky and no reason found. Fixed all and car ran great!!!!!!!!

Just my .02 cents!!!!

Don

:confused:

There are a couple of other grounds in the engine bay. 1 behind the drivers side head, 1 to the pass side motor mount, and 1 on the pass side hood hinge. good luck

Back