tranny substitutes (M5R2)

nervekiler

NO ONE REALIZES THIS..........

This transmission is out of a TRUCK!!!!!!! It was not ment to be shifted fast or raced.

Ford took it out of the truck since nothing they had at the time was strong enough.

The blocker rings in the trans are going and will need to be replaced. Just keep driving until the fateful day. Nothing can help it now.

that was quoted from a different member on this board. now my question.....

are there any other trannys that will fit in place of our M5R2? is there anything else we can use and what would be the easiest and best replacement tranny to put in there? and, are there even any other trannies that can be put in place of the M5R2?

If you are looking for a bolt in affair there isn't one. There are a couple of people that have installed the T-5, and even the T-56, I even saw a 700-R4 in a Tbird. They all require adapters either fabbed yourself or bought somewhere else. It's common knowlege that the M5R2 is a truck transmission closely related to the transmissions in F150's and Rangers probably a few others.

Jeff

The transmission is not junk. Replace the syncros and keep going. They are only like $29 each, and the aren't that hard to change. My first set went 140K miles and that includes a lot of drap strip duty as well. Anything else is going to be way too much work.

Back