Slip Yoke

Chris89cougar

Hey, Does anyone know where I can get a new slip yoke? Mine is worn out and fluid is leaking out from the back of the trans. I have the m5r2. Is the yoke the same as one from an automatic?

Thanks,
Chris

Sure it is the yoke and not the seal. Or is the yoke got a groove worn in it from the seal. First call would be a dealer as they may just have it.

When I got my new clutch installed the shop said it had grooves in it. It didnt leak at the time, but it is leaking now. The Dealer said they would have to special order it. So I was wondering if there was anywhere else to get one from.

Thanks for the info,
Chris

They should have install a new tranny tail shaft seal when they did the clutch. They could have used emery cloth the smooth the yoke out but now, its a lot of work to replace the yoke or the whole drive shaft may be cheaper. good luck

I'd check with a local transmission shop and see if it's possible to do something with it. Sometimes yokes can be sleaved. Some shops can resurface the yoke by welding it and turning it on a lathe. Sometimes the surface can be turned down and use a larger seal. A transmission shop should be able to give you all the options.

Check with local salvage yards to see if you can find a used part.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll let you know what I decide to do. I probably wont mess with it until the weather warms up abit.

Thanks,
Chris

Auto. and manual trans. use the same slip yoke for the Birds and Cougars.

cheers
Ed N.

Back