best exhaust sustem??

SCedTBird

sup guys, im lookin for the best exhaust sustem to get for my 93 SC i really dont know who to go with? i want a nice sound.BUTT i really want the HP more theres flowmaster,magnaflow or whoever, any advise?

Last edited:
hey

Hey, there's hundreds of posts about exhaust. Everyone has their own opinion and it looks you never really know what you're gonna get until you get it. Do a search on this site for exhaust and basically just start reading :D I still have to do exhaust to my car and ive already read countless posts, very helpful. good luck-
-Damon

What would be really nice is for those that have purchased "packaged" systems (SCP, Borla, Flowmaster) would just give their summary of their exhaust systems.

Some points picked up here over the last few years are:

A 3.8 V6 will never sound deep and throaty like a V-8.
Hollowed out cats sound bad.
Longer mufflers sound better than shorter mufflers (if you think better is less like a Honda 4cylinder and more like a Ford v-8)
A 2-1-2 arrangement is easier to sound good. A true dual exhaust needs an arragement of resonator or X-pipe, or something to help it sound better.
The stock resonator is junk.
The stock cats and down tubes are poor.
Larger than 2.5" dual pipes are overkill
Larger than 3" single pipes are overkill
A quality local shop can likely make your custom exhaust for less than it costs to purchase a kit. Though regional costs may impact that.

Back