Keys & Locks (doors/trunk & ignition)...options???

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I just got my 94 and apparently the ignition cylinder/switch has been changed because it uses a key to start the car and a different one to open the doors. In addition, the previous owner did not have a trunk key so i have to open the trunk from the keyless entry pad, the inside button or the remote. Now, my questions: is there ANY way that i would be able to use the SAME key for ignition/doors? perhaps changing the locks or ignition cylinder? Also, is there any way that i could have a key 'made' for the trunk without replacing the whole thing? It would really suck to have three different keys for my ride...considering I already carry enough keys! I honestly have no clue if its even possible, so i'd like to hear some options. Gracias...

I THINK THAT YOU CAN PULL THE LOCKS OUT OF THE DOORS AND HAVE THEM RE-KEYED TO THE IGNITION KEY, AND PULL THE TRUNK LOCK OUT AND HAVE A KEY MADE FOR THAT. PRETTY SURE ANY LOCKSMITH CAN DO THAT.

CaifanSC, I have had to do that on numerous occasions. Any good locksmith should be able to key your ignition or doors to whatever key you want to use. Just pick the key and cylinders to be keyed to it and take them in. It isn't that difficult.

Good luck.

Back