trunk lock getting stuck...

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
When i try to open my trunk by using the keyless entry pad on the door or the button inside the console (in a 94), the lock sounds like it pops open but the trunk door isnt released so unless some one lifts it up, the thing wont open. Has this happened to anyone? Any way to fix? any help is appreciated...thanx

When I had my car I took the whole trunk lock actuator apart and found out that the pin inside the spring had jumped out of place and was actually a little bent, so after straightening that out it was able to operate again. It would still stick sometimes, but after pushing the trunk release button several times it would eventually pop.

It doesn't take much to take that actuator apart. Make sure you try spraying a lubricant on the lock mechanism itself since that could also be the problem.

-Chris

I haven't actually done this myself, but you can increase the spring tension on the trunk by adjusting it. If you look at the hinges in the trunk, you should be able to figure out how to increase the tension.
When I press the button to open mine, it will click but not open. Luckily I am tall enough that I can push the button on the key pad and reach the trunk to pound on it with my fist to open it.

Back