sc against 5.0

C

camaro03

i raced my uncles 5.0, 1990 25 anniversary with headers, flowmasters, a k and n and a 3.55 in the rear, 5 spd, with my 1990 sc, 2:73, 94 motor, 5spd, k and n, custom exhuast hollowed cats, and resonator, rest stock pipes (no mufflers took them off). and we were perfectly matched we went twice 0-100 and he didnt have any on me, i didnt have any on him it was great, the only weakness i had to him was trying to get traction, but he peeled them the same as me. just wanted to share

I understand what your saying and nobody believes me that an SC is just as quick and bad as a mustang. I've had plenty of mustangs come up to me at lights expecting to run me over, but it just doesnt happen.

5.0 91 Tbird to XR7-SC

In 91 I ordered a new co. car bird with 5.0 and the limited slip rear with what ever gears that meant. Pure stock running against a super charged Cougar it pulled almost as good. The Cougar ever so slightly pulled better.

I saw an article of a guys daily driver 5.0 TBird running in the 10s with a super charger set up similar to a Mustang kit.

Racing my 95 SC against a Mustang seems about even depending on the gears. Yea, it surprises some folks.

Back