Help identifying module

MTTod

GREAT SITE! I just picked up a 90 SC that needs some help and I've run into something I can't identify. It's a module located behind the passenger side headlight. It's got a large connector and wire bundle to it.

One of the wires is melted like it shorted out and someone jumpered it. I'd like to track down the problem before something serious comes from it.

If i remember correctly thats your engines Octane sensor that controls the timming based on the octane in your fuel

ps I could be wrong

**EDIT**

Well i guess i was wrong

Last edited:
It is your IRCM!!!

Intergrated Relay Control Module....

This module controls the fans for engine cooling, fuel pump, and other relays.

It is located behind the passenger headlight and the air box. Usually #14 wire gets burned because people try screwing with the fan wiring.

Good luck,

Don

Don is right on. I thought I might add that on a 94 or 95 SC it's called a "Constant Control Relay Module" instead of a"Intergrated Control Relay Module" which it's called on 89-93 SC's. Just a heads up. :D

Fan sounds like a good possibility. This one hit a big rock.
The radiator and fan were stuffed back into the front of the motor. No damage to the intercooler or motor. Radiator, support and AC condensor are shot though.

I spotted it out behind the guy's shop and absolutely had to have it. I picked up the car yesterday and got the whole front torn down this afternoon. Quick charge on the battery and she fired on the second turn. Didn't run it at all since the radiator is out but I'm happy as anything that it runs!

Back