Timeslip --

F

Fubarian

From the bird meet in ohio, here's Chris' SC timeslip ...13.650
and of course he's engine ....very very nice :D
timeslip.jpg

DSCN1064.JPG

DSCN1067.JPG

Did he fabricate an aluminum header panel, or is that just over top of the header panel?

re:

covered with 1/8 aluminum. Got to Tig the seems yet

I think...

its 1/4" because the 1/8th cracked on him

and yes, its with the tig weld

you should see the intercooler, its HUUGGEE -- like 2-3 feet long, sits just before the radiator

heh, opps

yea, its 1/8th, he had other ones crack on him... my bad

cool

Nice custom work. I was expecting 12's. Dave Neibert runs 13.62 without the custom front mount IC and all the other stuff. I'm wondering, is the bottom end stock on that guys SC? Whats all the mods? Still very sweet car, looks like a lot of time has been spent to design and fabricate parts. Got any pics of the intercooler?

-Scott-

re

The bottom end is all stock.. and a cobra rear end with 373s waiting to be installed along with a precision industries 9.5" converter .you race guys know what those two mods things will do to 1/4 mile times.

Hey, running a mid 13 is harder than most people realize! That is a great 60' time too.

Just curious, how did everyone else do? Damn I wish I'd been there, my stupid car is still on jack stands. :( Oh well.

David

Re: re

Whats the radiator from?
Thats a good et for stock gears, if they are?
Nice to see some cars with a nicely reworked IC system. Is the IC a Spearco?or what?
What size injectors is he running?

re

Thanks Dave i wish you could have been there too.
I could have got some input from ya .oh well..
im sure i'll see ya soon.

Chris:

Congrats on the 13.6, You did a very nice job on the front mount IC. The gears and converter will help alot, I'm ordering a 9.5" Lentech today to help lower my 60 ft times.

Are your heads and cam stock ? That blower looks familiar, did you buy it from Chris Wise ?

David

Not a problem for you Dave thanx to some "special" parts off my old car :)

re

Thanks Dave.... yes the heads & cam are still stock.
The Blower is a S Blower i got from Eaton. Then welded
up the inlet ,Then I grinded it out larger & added a few Diffusers in the Blower & piping to help Direct air flow.

As to XR7 Daves Question the Lx guys were running 15.5s.
I was the only SC at the track Sunday, Saturday there were 4 SCs at Quaker Steak Lube.

Timeslip

Chris, I talked to you up at the track yesterday. I was the one that had the red '91 with a coolant problem :) Turns out it was my water pump. So hopefully I'll have it out at the track next Sunday.

Brandon

wow

Stock heads, cam, and gears. Not bad at all then. I wasn't sure what all was done to the car, but I suspected that you had the engine all built up. We are seeing more and more guys getting into the 12's now I assumed with yours you'd be there. You should get close with the gears and convertor. Heads and cam would put you in the 12's in addition to the gears and convertor. Nice looking engine compartment. Did you do that custom work yourself? Is that chrome plated exhaust pipe?

-Scott-

re

Thanks Scott...
Yes i did everything myself I bought a tig welder and a pipe bender just to do the car. if I would of had to pay a welder and someone to bend everything it would have ben a fortune. Probably more then I spent on the equipment to do the job..
Plus I made a few things for some other members.
Im trying to see how fast I can get the car with a stock
bottom end... before i do a rebuild Im working on a set of heads now hope to have them on before Carlisle and adding a cam. Then I think im calling it quits. LOL.

Quit?? I'll believe it when I see it! Congrats on the run Sunday. I wanted to stay and see it, but I had to go home. I asked someone I know about painting your hood, and he said he'd more than likely have to paint most of the front end to fade it in, but he might be interested if you are. I'm wondering what the fastest is, for a SC with stock cam/heads/bottom end? I'd say with the converter and a set of 3.73's you'll be close, if not there.

all im getting is red Xs, i cant even copy the addy out of the properties box.

I'm wondering what the fastest is, for a SC with stock cam/heads/bottom end?

As far as I know, it's Kurt Kreisz 13.547 @ 101.01, he even had stock injectors, FPR and TB.

David

Didnt Jeff Dillman run a 13.4 with just bolt on's?

Back