More intake questions! Yay!

syphon

I was browsing the user articles on the main SCCoA site, and came across this one about intake.

http://www.sccoa.com/articles/freshair.php

I tried e-mailing the author with my questions but it looks as if that mailbox isn't valid.

I just wanted to know where he got this kit? Or if it is even a kit, or home made intake setup.

A piece of straight tube of that size should be easy enough to find, but I dont know the exact size. Hose connectors would also be easy to find, as well as the K&N Filter (If I knew exactly which model it is) But I wanted to know where he got that "March Ram Air" box? Does anyone have more info on this?

There are no pics of it, but I'd assume it wasn't. It mentions how the tube is bent, but on that article, its straight.

All I'm asking really... is if there is anywhere I can get that airbox to slip over the K&N... in that case I can make the intake setup myself.

That's the Supercoupe Performance Fresh Air Intake.
Curse beat me to it.
$180 or $205 in chrome. I got it recently and like it a lot.

Attachments

• engine intake and maf 047.jpg
    engine intake and maf 047.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 191
I think that is the old one. The new one is bent. If you click on it on the SCP site, you'll get a picture of that old one. The new pipe is bent. Don't think I'd want one that wasn't, it barely fits *with* the bend. Nice intake.

Hmm, I was just looking to save money. It seems to me that buying those pieces seperately would be a LOT cheaper. A chunk of pipe from an exhaust place would be about $20 max, hoseclamps and stuff another $10, K&N would be about $50... and unless that box to hold the K&N costs $100, it'd be cheaper to piece it together.

I considered getting that Magnum Powers Cold Air divider, but that's $100 there. It looks like no matter how I go about it, intake is going to cost me roughly $200.

The black plastic cover is made by March. It's from a March ram air kit for a fox body mustang.

http://www.marchperf.com

Here are some pics I found from eBay:

i-1.jpg
i-2.jpg

Jerry

Back