When to swap injectors?

93SC

At what HP level do I need to upgrade to bigger injectors and fuel pump? I am doing some serious mods to my 93. What I am looking for is an idea how much HP different size injectors and fuel pumps can handle.

Thanks

255-260 HP at the wheels seems to be the max on stock 30# injectors. I pulled 259 and I've seen several others pull +/- 5hp from that with the stockers.

Get a Holley 255 lph forced induction fuel pump. The others aren't worth it.

I've been thinking of putting a 255 fuel pump and 42 ib injectors along with new headers and exhust right after getting stage 2 or 3 heads. Would this be OK to do because i won't have any intake mods done. This is still to be done in the next 2 years or so.

Sergio

36#

They are advertised as 36# injs, but they actually flow @ around 34 @ best is what I have read...That is for the 94-95, the early 89-93 have the 30# inj.

Brad

If I may inject an injector question here... Is it better to swap out the stock 30 # injectors for stock 94-95 "36"# (and save a few bucks), or aftermarket 36, 37, or 38 # injectors?

Thanks!

Daves Post..

David N. gave a good lil chart to go by...It would be a good mod for the buck, and I suppose it would depend on where you see your HP going in a reasonable amount of time...Some guys have had luck going to 38# injs' with stock Tune. After that you are gonna need a chip or a tuner board though.

Brad

Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth saving a couple dollars to buy some used stock 36#, which actually flow like 34.5#. Or spend a few dollars more for aftermarket 36-38#. I already have an EEC tuner and will be adding a 190lph fuel pump, Magnaport II blower, among other things (see sig. below).

I guess right now I'm less concerned with hp potential, and more concerned with which is the better bet for the $175 to $250 I'll most likely be spending to upgrade the injectors...

If your going to go to all the trouble to upgrade from 30# injectors, make it worth your while and at least put a set of 38s in. Your also going to need a bigger fuel pump. Get a 255 lph and you will have plenty of room to grow.

David

Back