block warmer

danekejt

I was nutsing around last night with my black tbird. I noticed a conventional plug right next to the battery. The only thing that i can think that it is for is for a block warmer. Was that an option for 91?

I have a '94 and I found the same thing. The oridinal owner bought the car in boston, a place that is know for getting a little cold. Anyway, I couldn't figure it out but a mechanic friend of mine said it was a block warmer and they are on cars in cold climates. I couldn't tell you if it was an option but it makes me glad to know I am not the only one with that thing.

My 90 XR7 came with it when it was new. Not sure if it was dealer installed or factory option, but I am leaning towards factory option.

Very Interesting.. Keep this thing up top until we conclude on this. It'd be interesting to find out.

Anthony

My '89 XR7 has one as well. It just looks like a regular household plug. I think mine is on the driver's side, but it's been a while.

It's called a Block Heater. They don't need to be stock. Often they are aftermarket.

The best type and the type you probabely have is a frost plug heater. They are a heating element that installs in place of one of the block frost plugs. They plug into a 120v power source and heat the coolant inside the engine block. They are the most effective block heaters available.

sorry guys dont have a digi camera but it does look just like a regular plug. has a cap onit that you remove and there it is. in all its household plug glory.

how many more months until carlisle. i am stoking for carlisle this year.

Just follow the cord back to it. You might have to do it from underneath or use a flash light because it's going to be in the side of the block which is buried behind the accessory brackets and the IC tubing.

Back