Need some help ! Please

Night-Ryder

Hey ,
Im currently doing my head gaskets and i am on a really tight schedual here i have to have em done by this friday comming up.
Im in the markham, ontario area and really need some help! Ive been working by myself for the last few days and have gotten down to the fuel rail and injectors but i cant get some of the crap outta the way for example tensioner pulleys and air conditioning compressor.
I also need to know of anyone in my area has a power steering pulley remover cause i dont have the extra $100 or so to rent one from canadian tire.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

PS
Any advice as to how to remove any part of the engine from where i am and on would also be a huge help
thanks again

Nick V

Go over to the Ontario board and post this over there. If you need to get this done by Friday I don't know how much "hands on" help you will get.....but I'm sure you can get any info you need to proceed via the board.

BTW there are just 4 bolts that hold the AC compressor down. They are on the side, remove those along with any connecting wires and it will come off.

The tensioner pulleys has that bolt in the middle to get at....and it should come off.

Just a thought for you. Why not just pull off the accessory mounts and pull the heads from there. You don't have to mess with taking any of that other stuff off. (With the exception of disconnecting your AC lines from the back of the compressor.) Other than that, all the accessories can stay put. The mount bolts are a bit of a pain to get to, but not impossible. I did it and that was the first time I have really tore into any car other than fluid changes or the occasional radiator. Again, just a thought for you to think about.

Don't be dissapointed if you don't get it done by friday. When I did my head gaskets, it was the biggest headache I have ever gone through. I had some bad luck along the way, like cracking an intercooler tube, a tensioner, and then discovering that the clutch had to be done because while it was sitting a rat built it's nest in my bell housing. But that aside, I also had trouble just getting things like the gaskets and serp belts cause no one around here carries anything for the SC. Maybe up there you will have more luck with that. With regards to the power steering pulley, why do you have to take it off? When i did mine, I just pulled out the intercooler and slid the power steering bracket off of the studs going into the head.

Back