View Full Version : New Cold Air Intake for our Cars. Everyone Read

03-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, while I was bored at work today I was searching our system and I found that K&N is now making their FIPK 2 System for our cars. The part number is #57-2505-1. It costs $91.99. I ordered one in for tomorrow so I will let you know what it is like. If it is just like their other ones it will come with a 3 1/2" high grade molded plastic hose the K&N cone filter a cold air divider with rubber weather stripping to seal it off from the engine. (this is what all their other models have.) So I will post again and let you know what it actually looks like and what comes with the kit, But this sure beats the hell out of 181 dollars for a piece of metal tubing with one thin layer of black paint and a cone filter. You can find the part at your local autozone or go online to www.autozone.com and order it from there. i will let you know what it is like sometime tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

03-03-2003, 03:17 PM
The part number #57-2505-1 is for a thunderbird alright but if you read the comments by K&N it says Not for SC model.
But even still let us know what its like.

03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Here's a picture of the part number.


Joisey Jim
03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
I'd be interested to see if it comes with any sort of the intake pipe. (I'm seen pictures of the stock T/bird model that they've made for a while now, which is just the filter & clip-on shield). I currently have a 7" K&N in my '93 and a 5" S&B (Autophysics) in my '94. In both cases I made a straight heat/dust sheild out of alum. & topped it with a piece of pipe insulation to seal under the hood. Magnum Powers also now makes a powder coated heat shield with an MAF bracket for about $100.

03-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Part number #57-2525-1 which is superceded by #57-2525-2 will work for our cars but carries a high price tag of $255.00. The tube has to be cut in one location for it to work.

I'd like to know if the tube is a 3.5" tube.

03-03-2003, 04:39 PM
For 200 dollars, you could have someone fabricate you a custom tube, and have it dipped in chrome if you so choose.