PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Iselin NJ???

SeanMatteson
03-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Hi gang!

I'm getting ready to head down to Iselin NJ tomorrow on business. I'll be there until this coming Friday evening. If anyone is local enough to want to get together with a fellow SCCoA guy for a coffee or pint, drop me an email.

Best regards,

Sean

8ate8
03-03-2003, 05:46 PM
where's iselin?

ThunderCoupe94
03-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Yea Same question Iselin?? never heard of it

SeanMatteson
03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Iselin is only a 45 to 60 minute drive from NYC. I'm flying into LaGuardia and driving west and a little south to Iselin. I'm doing some work at the Engelhard Corporate Headquarters.

I'd love to meet up with some of you folks to swap SC stories.

Best regards,

Sean

SeanMatteson
03-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Give this a try...

Hopefully it will give you New Jersey guys an idea of where Iselin is at. To be honest, I'd never heard of it myself before I was told to go there.

MapBlast.com (http://www.mapblast.com)

Just type "Iselin, NJ" into the City, State area, and click "Create Map". Then you can zoom out to get the bigger picture.

Best regards,

Sean

8ate8
03-04-2003, 07:51 PM
well it's not near me, but it's not that far either.. if you zoom out to the 4th button from the right, i'm right next to keansburg.

SilverCasket
03-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Jim,

Iselin is about 15 minutes from us. About exit 130 on the NJPW.

If my SC didn't take a dump yesterday I would have driven up. Oh well.

Anthony

joenintiesc
03-05-2003, 10:58 AM
I know where Iselin is - it's right near the Woodbridge Mall and even closer to the Metropark train station. I know because I once interviewed for a job at Englehard! Anyway, I was planning on heading up to Old Bridge, which is only ten minutes south of there either tonight (Wed.) or Thurs. after work. I could shoot up and hang for a beer or two. There is a microbrewery I've always wanted to check out in Woodbridge - J.J. Bitting Brewing Co. 33 Main Street, Woodbridge, NJ. It's not far from where you are.

Anyway, give me a ring at work if your up for it 732-625-7256. I'll copy this onto your post on the TBU board as well...

Later,
Joe

SilverCasket
03-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Alright... I'll buy into this... Always up for a beer... Looks like I'll have to break out the new LSC for this trip though. Oh well, same frame, but not the same seat feeling.

Drop me an email and I'll send my contact info.

silvercasket@yahoo.com

Joe, I'm mailing you now with my number.

Anthony

SeanMatteson
03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Last night I met up with Joe Brauner (and Wanda) and Anthony Rongo at J.J. Bittings Microbrewery. I had a great time! I've tried in the past to line up get-togethers with club members of other SCCoA chapters when I've been traveling for business, and it just never seemed to pan out. A big 'Thank-you' to both these gentlemen for taking time out of their schedules to hang out.

It looks like you guys have a really great chapter here in New Jersey!

Unfortunately, Don was tied up and couldn't make it, and Paul had to work.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys again at Carlisle in a couple of months!

Best regards,

Sean

8ate8
03-06-2003, 10:05 PM
And I have no car, so there was my reason. Plus I'm only 20.. don't think they'd let me drink :)

SeanMatteson
08-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi gang!

As of right now, I'm scheduled to be back in Iselin for August 20th and 21rst.

It would be great to meet up with you again.

Are any of you available the evening of the 20th???

Cheers,

Sean

joenintiesc
08-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Hey Sean! I'm always up for midweek hang. I may be working till as late as 7pm that Wed/Thurs/Fri, so afterwards I could probably use a beer or three.

I'm sure a few others (Anthony? Don?) may be available as well...

Anyway, I'll mark my calendar! :D

Later,
Joe

SeanMatteson
08-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Sounds good, Joe. I'll give you an update once I've got my hotel and flights booked.

It's likely I'll be staying at the Hilton right in Iselin again, but this time I'd prefer to fly to/from Newark instead of LaGuardia (I think we did that last time to save the customer extra money).

Cheers,

Sean

joenintiesc
08-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Newark is the way to come in. It's less than 15 minutes to your hotel... :)

SilverCasket
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
I'll be around next week. Give me a hollar when something works out.

Anthony

SeanMatteson
08-18-2003, 09:27 AM
OK, gang...

The hotel is booked. I'm staying at the Hilton Woodbridge once again. I fly into Newark tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, arriving at 6:05 PM.

If we're going to get together, it will have to be either tomorrow night or Wednesday, as I fly back out of Newark at 8:25 PM on Thursday.

I know this is kind of short notice, and you guys may be busy, but let me know if your schedules will permit a meeting. That micro brewery was nice the last time.

I hope there's a little less construction around Iselin this time, so the roads might be a little less confusing! ;)

Best regards,

Sean

joenintiesc
08-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey Sean! Tuesday is actually better for me, as I may be working late on Wed... Don expressed some interest so I will see if he is free, and I'll shoot Anthony an e-mail as well.

Hopefully we can all meet up.

Later,
Joe

SilverCasket
08-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey fellas... Let me know about Tuesday. Weds would be better because I should be picking up my car on Weds. But, if not, that's fine.

Let me know,
Anthony

lube70
08-18-2003, 09:27 PM
The Tuesday thing is better for me. My best friends mother-in-law just died Today. The wake is Wednesday so Tuesday is the only day available.

Please call me for details...

Don

(973) 277-4294

8ate8
08-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Give me a ring. 732-614-8802. i might come.

joenintiesc
08-19-2003, 03:37 PM
I heard from Sean this morning - unfortunately he had some last minute schedule changes that will prohibit him from having any free time while he's here.

Next time!

SeanMatteson
08-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Thanks for passing the message on, Joe.

Sorry 'bout this, guys. I was looking forward to seeing some of you again. It was nice to have met more of your crew at Carlisle this year.

I ended up having a kick-off meeting last evening once I got in from the airport, followed by dinner with the client. It sounds like we'll be at the office late into this evening.

If the situation should change, I'll quickly post here with my contact information, but so far it's looking like I'll be pretty busy.

My flight is scheduled out for 8:25 PM tomorrow (Thursday). I guess it's a domestic flight, but do you guys have any suggestions as to how early I should leave Woodbridge for Newark? I'm guessing I should aim to be at the airport an hour-and-a-half before my flight, which would be around 7:00 PM. How long is it going to take me to get to the airport at that time of day?

Best regards,

Sean

joenintiesc
08-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey Sean! It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get to Newark airport from Woodbridge since rush hour will be heading the opposite way. If there happens to be an accident enroute, that will throw that estimate out the window, of course!

Anyway, catch ya later...