Things found when pulling apart motor

pearl95sc

Well, here's what I've found so far. The motor has under 30k. i've put about 22k on it since i had it, and block, and the heads, look too new for a 8 year old car. also the combustion chambers look pretty clean, no where near what an 80k car should look like. There were several looms wire tied to pain in the @ss spots. The locking bolt that is supposed to hold down, not too familiar with this part, what would normally be a distributor, is just a oversized bolt and washer. I realized just how restricive our manifolds are, ouch. Also, I found some interseting things that I didn't know. Our are cars supposed to have roller lifters? And is it supposed to have these figure 8 plates over them too? I have a pic attached for reference. This is all new to me, so that's why i'm asking. I'm pretty sure a dealer mechaninc did the work, too perfect, just mad about the small things he rigged, the lazy basterd. Anyway, responses welcomed.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 224
Yep...every SC has roller lifters and they are held in place with those retainers.
There should also be a spring steel retainer for the retainers...

hm...

I do beleive those retainers are their to stop the lifters from "rotating". You don't want them spinnign around as you would on a car without this where you WANT the lifter to spin so it wears evenly.

"The locking bolt that is supposed to hold down, not too familiar with this part, what would normally be a distributor"

That's the cam synchronizer assembly or whatever the hell Ford calls it. Yep the hold down is just some cheezy washer. If the bolt was not an anti-tamper torx head then it has been replaced.

Back