PDA

View Full Version : New tranny or rebuild?? need help Quick!

Edman1000
03-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Aw ****! Blew the tranny! Slippin real Bad. Need to know where I can get a good rebuilt Tranny or a good rebuild kit. I saw the one offered by superCoupe performance for like $280 but does that one include all the crap that's needed? Or should I just get a Junkyard special? I got a guy who'll do the rebuild and I can pull it out with my eyes closed. What do you guys think. All you guys are the only reason this car hasn't gotten a bullet yet! thanks for all the help!

MadMikeyL
03-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Pulled it out of my 91 5.0 cougar. Has only about 60,000 highway miles on it, and shifted fine when I pulled it. Give me $150 plus shipping and it's yours. Let me know if you're interested in it.
Mike
[email protected]

Edman1000
03-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Will it fit? Is the 5.0 the same bell housing as the 3.8? If so, I'll take it. I just want to make sure it'll fit or what I need to do to it to convert it. Will all the wires, hoses and linkage hook up the same?

Hey Big Dave,
What do you think I should do? should I buy this one or rebuild mine with The SC perf. Kit for 280?

David Neibert
03-04-2003, 09:35 AM
If it fits, I would buy it. You may want to start a post asking if it will before purchasing.

David

MadMikeyL
03-05-2003, 02:06 AM
I know the bell housing bolts and the shifter linkage are the same. Also, I know that as far as wires and connectors and stuff, the 5.0 and the NA 3.8 are identical. My understanding of it is that any ford AOD transmissions (but not AOD-E) are interchangable. But then again, the supercoupe did overcomplicate a lot of things so find out for sure first. Let me know if it fits and you want it. Thanks.
Mike
[email protected]