Ford 80mm and Pro-M Remote Optimizer on a SC ???

Shockwave

I bought a 80mm MAF over the internet. I think it's off of a Cobra, but I am not sure.
80mmfront.jpg

80mm.jpg

The electronics have Ford # F6UF-12B589-AA. This has the newer style plug as well.

Did 96 Ford Cobra's have 80mm MAFs? Is the transfer fucntion curve the same as the Lightning? Does it have it's own transfer curve unique to itself, or is it the same as other Ford curves. For example, right now I am using a 70mm Ford MAF out of a 1994 3.8 N/A Cougar in my 89 SC. I am using that MAF and the electronics out of the 94 in my 89 with no problems. This works because the electronic part of the MAF contains a transfer curve the same or almost identical to the 89 factory electronic curve. Since the 94 3.8 V6 only had 14 lb injectors this proves that Ford sets the changes to the injectors in the EEC.

I also got a Pro-M Remote Optimizer with the MAF. So I am looking for all the input I can get. How do I go about making this work on my 89 SC with stock 30lb injectors or my friends 95 SC with 36 lb injectors? In the near future I may be going to at least some 38 lb injectors on my 89 SC as well.

Thanks
Jerry

Woot woot Celebguy is gone.

I think you are thinking about twin throttle bores on the throttle body. I have seen the MAF I have on eBay being sold as a 99 up Mustang GT MAF.

Jerry

Last edited:
Back