Whats Missing?

CountryBird

Hi Guy looks like a good many of you read my earlieer post about my top end be stollen. I am afraid the insurance company is going to **** a gold one when they start trying to get estimates on repair, or they are going to send someone who has no idea what he is looking at. I would love for some of you to post or send me photos of engine compartment, so I can show them something. Mine is a 94 all stock parts. Also if some pf you can look at the photo and start giving me some missing parts.

Thanks for any and all help

Jimmy Barrier

also my email is ejbarrier@ctc.net

Attachments

• whatsmissing.jpg
    whatsmissing.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 441
Major parts include:
Air box-You need all of it.
Mass Air Meter (go for a bigger one)
Air Tube (Get one of the after market ones)
Throttle Body (again, take this opportunity to get a good one)
Idle Air Control Valve
Throttle Position Sensor
Inlet Plenum (Does the MP inlet sound good?)
(Rubber flange that connects the plenum to the inlet)
The supercharger itself
Supercharger Top (Raised?)
Upper IC tube
Supercharger belt
Various mounting bolts

My personal suggestion is this, go to Ford, (Yes, Ford) and get an estimate of the parts and labor. Take that to your insurance company. And do everything that you can to insist upon using the Ford dealership for your repairs. But, take the $$. That way, you can get your car fixed, and have some $$ left over. Or you can get some really nice performance parts. And you may still have $$ left over. Everything that is missing can be installed quite easily and not take that much time. The only problem that you might have is the vacuum lines. You'll need to get a hold of the vacuum diagram (hopefully it is still on the front of your car just infront of your radiator on the pass side) if you don't have it or can't read it. Taking your time, you could get it done in about three hours. And that is taking your time. Basically, you can put everything together and put it on as one unit, presumably the way it was taken off. And the you just connect vacuum lines and sensors (simplified) and you should be on your way.

*edit: After looking at your pic some more, it looks like you will need new vacuum lines (I see some were cut) and I can't really make out the EGR. I understand that the 94 and 95 models had those. Is your intercooler still there?

And just on a side note, take this oportunity to change your plugs and wires. They are a lot easier to get to when all that stuff is out of the way!

I think that I got most of it. I probably missed something though. But that should get you back running.

Last edited:
Pretty complete list. Only additional thing I see is that the plastic pcv system tube from the intake tube to the driver's valve cover might be damaged. Also check MAFwiring harness for damage.

Did those thugs damage your 42lb injectors, underdrive pulleys, Kooks headers and SCP big dawg exhaust too?

Seriously I hope the police recover your parts and that your wiring and vacuum lines are easily repaired.

Good Luck.

Actually, if you look at the front of the lower intake, there are two wires that match the color and size of the other spark plug wires. So it appears to me that they were simply removed. Damaged, quite possibly, but, no offense, CountryBird, but they do look like they need to be replaced. It wasn't long ago my SC looked the exact same way, except my lower ended up coming off as well as the valve covers and eventually the rocker arms. The big difference is that mine was more by choice than by some one deciding that they would just do it for me.

wezar, I like your thinking. :) You have to be careful not to stretch it too far with the insurance companies though! I've delt enough with them to know that.

CountryBird, just another thought that I had while looking at that sad picture again. It looks as though you have had some of the same troubles I had a while back. Leaky valve covers and possibly the lower intake as well. Now would also be a good time to reseal the upper 1/2 of your engine. You need some of the gaskets anyway, and you'd just be adding the lower intake-to-heads gaskets (2) and the inlet-to-lower intake gasket. That is assuming you don't take off your heads. Have you head gaskets blown? If not, it might not be a bad idea to be proactive on those too, but that is entirely a judgement call. I didn't do mine, but my car had new heads put on about 60k ago too. Just some thoughts on how to turn this unfortunate situation into a somewhat positive circumstance.

*edit: just saw something else too. The weather strip on the moulding under the windshield is missing. Not sure if you removed it, but if you didn't, I'm sure they made of with it to! *wink, wink*

Judging by the look of it, they knew exactly what they were doing. And I know what you mean about the EGR bolts! But they are harder to get on than off. They knew exactly what to take off to get it out fast. I'm a little surprised that they took the upper IC tuber though. Maybe they just thought it looked cool.

Sorry to hear this or see it. Hope you have good luck with the insurance (do what Sam said :), its not like the insurnace will lose money). And question, How the hell did they take off the plenum. I'm a newbie but spent like 20 minutes on it and still couldn't take it off, and i took off the whole plast thing next to the windshield for more room. Now the plenum is on but besides that i have everything off, AC pump, power steering pump + rack. Those guys sure did know what they were doing...@$$HOLES, i hate thives.

Sergio

guys,

I think you got all the parts. But i wanted to say.

Many of you weren't here a while back. When another "friend" of the SC community used this board to find a victim of thievery.

Countrybird think of where you are (residence) and who lives near you. Also think about who you have talked with about your bird lately. I know everyone in the world can access the info on this board, but nobody steals from SC's unless they own one. Not that i want you to go finger pointing at everyone thats within 50 miles of you but, try and remember if there was any suspiscious activity. Any questions that kept persisting.

There's people out there that want to hurt us all. Watch your back. this was definetly not an amateur. Also, the police are stupid so the better your detective skills are the faster they can catch this bastard.

jim

Update

Hi everyone.... First I would like to thank everyone for comments and help so far. My insurance company seems to think this was a very supious theft and have send in Special Investigator, and its getting very unpleasant, seems that they are considering ME as the prime suspect. And Thanks to my local Ford dealer telling them it would take 5+ hours to remove the parts, which I think is crap, and considering that as soon as the service writer saw car the first thing out of his mouth was I bet they total it, "oh by the way if they do let me know I would like to buy it"
Now the Insurance company wants to get oil samples and run some other test on engine. They asked how mechincly inclined I was, you name it they asked.

I will keep everone posted as to progress or lack of , I do know its been 3 weeks now and no sign of settlement in the near future

JimmyB

bullloney

that is the biggest crap i've heard in quite some time.

you tell your insurance guy and ford dealer they better wise up.

5 hours.... five hours..... fiveee hours????
You tell those guys i can have an entire engine out of a supercoupe in just under 6.5 hours. working alone. and that is no joke.

true though they may want to total your car. Replacing that Super charger with a new one should be around 3-4 thousand just by itself.

I think you should post on the board a way to electronically contact your insurance company and everyone here should flood them with the truth. give us the claim number and someone's name. we'll get through to them.

I hate MotherF insurance companies. always trying to screw you and they already have your money.

jim

Re: Update

CountryBird said:
My insurance company seems to think this was a very supious theft and have send in Special Investigator, and its getting very unpleasant, seems that they are considering ME as the prime suspect.
Well, it happens quite a lot that people do their own property, so I'm not surprised. Since I don't personally know you, and even if I did, I wouldn't say one way or another. I had a friend many many years back who had his car trashed at a movie theater. To this day, I wonder about it. If you wanted to put it to rest, you could offer to take a polygraph.
Understand that I'm not saying you had anything to do with it, but man... there are people in the world who lie. Even people in high and respected positions. So I am generally skeptical of everything I hear especially when I only have 1 side.

I will keep everone posted as to progress or lack of , I do know its been 3 weeks now and no sign of settlement in the near future
Yup they are going to take a while. If you're on the up-n-up, then I wish you the best.

CountryBird,
I feel your pain about now. It is true that they may "total" your car out, but they won't give it a salvage title. If they try to, fight them on it. You can then "buy" your car back at the salvage yard price, $750 or so. Maybe less because the sc is gone. Either way, stick to your guns. Don't let them push you around on this issue. I'm not sure how well you know your agent, but get him/her involved as well. Make your agent work for you. Afterall, you put $$ into his/her paycheck!
And about the whole 5+ hour thing... That may very well be the case if they remove each individual part, one at a time. But point out to the insurance that it takes 5 bolts and 2 nuts to take that all off as one unit. And yes, you can use me if you need to. I'm nowhere close to you but I'd gladly use my car to show them just how easy it is to get that off. I've only done it once and it didn't take me 2 hours. And that was removing the parts in groups, labeling and wondering just what the h*ll I was getting myself into.
Bottom line, is to stick to your story and get second opinions about everything. I'd go as far as to get 4th and 5th opinions to show that it doesn't take 5 hours to get the sc off. But hey, that is a DEALERSHIP. I know I won't take my car there! Keep up the fight and email me if I can help in any way.

When I called the dealership asking what it would cost to install a rebuilt engine I was quoted 13 hrs labor for R&R. I don't know how they can say it takes 5 hours to pull the SC even with a flat rate manual as a guide....

From the picture of your engine it probably took a pair of wirecutters and a socket wrench,extensions, a couple sockets. I bet Two guys could have that off in less than ten minutes. Its not like they cared about what they left behind.

If I were you I would go talk to the mechanics at a Ford dealership and find one who would be willing to give you a statement to that effect if you pay for his time to talk to the agent.

I imagine it would be easy to find someone who would help. Nobody in the trade likes to see a insurance company run over somebody.

Good luck.

I could have done that in fifteen minutes if I had to. Someone who knew what to do stole it. Where was the car parked? Did it happen at night or what. A few years back a member parked a late model SC at the airport secured lot. When he returned a week or two later his car looked just like this one. He susupected someone at the lot. This could be fixed with patience and used parts for less than $500. Screw your insurance company, they can't prove it if you didn't do it. Answer thier questions and co-operate fully but don't let them keep you SC. If they total it keep the car and use the money to fix it.

Vernon

Back