Does anybody port stock exhaust manifolds?

joew623

Does anybody know of anybody who ports the stock exhaust manifolds? i was looking into getting headers...but i dont want to spend 500 bucks...what kinda numbers would be expected from headers vs. a ported exhaust manifolds? if i use catless downtubes, a magnaflow resinator and 2 dynomax mufflers....will that flow good enough that i wont need headers?

I port them in my spare time, but unfortunately I'm running short on that right now (spare time). As soon as I finish the pair of heads that I'm doing, I'll probably do another set of the stock manifolds.

manifolds

Hey joew623, there is another thread about this somewhere, and someone stated that you can get 90% of the performance that headers give just by porting the stock manifolds. I plan on doing that as you can save hundreds of bucks as we see. when you start pushing 325hp, ive read it's good to start going for headers then. I dont know if thats RWHP or crank. Id recommend Tbird88, very knowledgable person, and although ive never done business with him, he seems to do an excellent on job on all of his work. When i get my manifolds ported, i will most surely go to him. good luck and let us know how it turns out.
-Damon

Thanks for the compliments!

/shameless plug mode ON
125 per pair + shipping back to you.
/shameless plug mode OFF

'bird

Here's some I did recently...

xhaust2466.jpg

Originally posted by J57ltr
Now with gold Nutz.
Senor Hillbillt, duz ol' El Duddlo got gold nutz? Elvira's gonna get stainless...and whup El Diddly's butt AGAIN.

Elvira - 2
El Duddlo - 0
(soon to be 3-0)

yer distant luvvin cuzzin,

'bird

ps: nice to see ya finally got yer tongue un-stuck from that little freezy-flux-capacitatin' thingy you built...

ps: nice to see ya finally got yer tongue un-stuck from that little freezy-flux-capacitatin' thingy you built... [/B][/QUOTE]

You Laugh.

Back