exhaust system

steveblk89SC

Does anyone know if they make a cat-back system that flows just as good as the scp high flow cat-back system that is a little ccheaper than 700 bucks, if so where can i get it from.
thanks
steve

I find the 700+ buclks for the cat back system to be a little crazy. Im not usre if there is a nother system like it but I would advise you to just buy all the parts separately, it's usually cheaper. You can get the high flow cats, resonator, and mufflers for probably a few hundred cheaper if u shop around... that's what i plan to do, good luck--
-Damon

well i think that $700 dollers for an exhaust is pretty dumb. flowmasters are good too. i live in El Paso Tx and i got a true dual exhaust from my headers all the way to the back for only $180.00 ofcourse i bought the flowmasters seperate for about $100.00 so if u guys are willing to drive out here and pay way less tell me and ill tell you where to go.

Well even if you get the parts, if you order just the 3 inch section and the rear pipes with no mufflers SCP will still charge 500 dollars. You can get mandrel bent 3 inch pipe from Summit Racing, it comes in 90 degree bends and straight. You will just have to have your shop cut and weld it to fit. I have a shop down where I live and we are working on getting a true mandrel bent dual set up for the newer model gas tanks. Once it is sorted out I will provide his number for you guys. I am not trying to make any money off of this so it will only cost you whatever he charges for the work.

i had same question

i dont know to much about exhaust but i know that i will need it soon. the only thing that sucks is that i live in illinois and i have to pass emissions. but it sounds like the way to go is to buy everything seperate and then have a shop put it together for you. how do you think high flow cats, high flow resonator, and then new mufflers. i want to have more flow so that i wont be worried about haveing a od pully. do you guys think that this would sound good?

mitch

yes

sounds fine to me. That's just abou exactly what i plan on doing. Really any upgrade at all is better than the stock exhaust. the stock resonator is just so restrictive.. ( see the pics on supercoupeperformance.com) but yea, i plan on doing the samne with the high flow cats, resonator, and new mufflers,, i also plan to have the exhaust manifolds ported. good luck, let me know how it goes--
Damon

I had the SCP exhaust with high flow cats and it flowed pretty well. It also passed emisions with flying colors. I swear it could have qualified for a ULEV car. LOL. I will have to find the paper and post the numbers.

3 #$%&&** engines ?

Damon, how long have you had your car and did all three engines go out while you have had it? Scarin'me man !!!! also your H & r springs how much installed ? If you did the install was it easy ??
I want to lower mine as well.

Jeff

haha

hey JSC, the first owner of my car was obivoulsy a pooper and ditn knwo much about the SC. He had put on a 10%pulley, with stock exhaust, riding the car very hard and blew something, and i believe he cracked the engine. so he had another put in. Then after that, not learning his lesson... he put on a 5% thinking that would be fine.. once again, messed something up, i think he had another engine in after that, or just fixed the problem ( i thought it was another engine though) then put on stock pulley, and sold the car to the guy before me. He was scared of whatever this orignial owner had done and since he knew some ford mechanics, decided to go all out and put in a brand new engine and tranny just to make sure. Car has been stock engine wise since then, which was a good call!! lol. it was the original owner of the car who has messed things up. so i was happy to hear it had these new things when i got it. i have a book of service records almost 3 inches thick of stuff that was done to my car going all the way down to the side mirror falling off (?????) I have no idea about the lowering kit though, the looks of the car now was how it was when i got it except for the clear corners and new headlights. I can say though im very happy with it, but wouldnt dare go any lower. You will bottom out too much, I think the 1.5 inch drop is perfect for our SC's. sorry i couldnt be of more help... just know it wasnt me who messed up the engines lol :D good luck with your drop!
-Damon

Previous owner no do homework on 95 blower methinks. A 10% pulley being = to 13% on a 95...:( Hey , if you still have the 5 % and want to sell it, let me know. Ohwell, least it sounds like you bought your car with an almost new engine so thats all g:D :D d!!

Jeff

Not to be a naysayer but keep in mind that all the pipework ($$$) in the world won't do what it's meant to do if you have a chokepoint in the system. Port your manifolds or get a set of headers.

'bird

step226.jpg

SC

Yea there were 2 owners before me, so im happy the one before me took extra care and got all new things for it. when i got the car the new engine only had 7K on it and the tranny only 2K, the body of the car only had 60K, i thought that was awesome. it has stock pulley now, i hope i never have to sell it-- :D
-Damon

Back