Kansas City April 19th-21st RECAP

T

Thomas A

Kansas City April 19th-21st RECAP

Please read further down for the full detials! A big thanks goes out to Marc for getting this ready. Hope everyone can make it.

LINCOLN & OMAHA
If you are interested in a caravan down to KC, I am planning a meeting place in both Lincoln and Omaha, and then meeting up along I-29 for the rest of the trip to KC. Please e-mail me if you are interested. Thanks.

thomasma@geocities.com

Re: Nebraska-Kansas-Iowa-Missouri

I could probably do that if my car is back together by then. And I'll have to check my work schedule. I won't know until last minute.

Thomas:
I think Kathy and I could make it too.
David

That's be great. I'm waiting for KCIR to post thier 2002 events schedule. Hopefully we they will have some all day test and tunes on a Saturday. I'll keep looking into it. Later

Thomas

I would love to if I have my SC running by then. I've only had my car on an 1/8 mile track and would love to see what it would run when I get it back together. Rodney

lifted from the boards on KCSR.org
BTW they mention the sport compact races (woo hoo)

Just wanted to let everyone know what's happening at the Track. Most of you know that we are trying to open ths weekend for Sunday Grudge from noon to 4 weather permitting (45 and SUNNY). Also we had some good news last Friday, the Bank has approved our Financing to Resurface the Track, what this means is a new concrete launch to 330', a new asphalt surface to the end of the Track, and finishing the return up to the spot we stopped last time, BUT I STRESS WE CAN"T DO THIS IF WE DON"T WIN ON MARCH 12 ! So we need your support on that day at the hearing. Also we have set up a racers meeting at Paddy O'Quigglys in Lees Summit (291 and Woods Chapel). Topics for discussion will be the 2002 Schedule, Cable Dahmer Quick 32 Series, Resurfacing, JR program, Compact Event, Street Car event, Ford Event, Grudge Nights, Bike Nights, BZA Hearing and an open Forum.

I'd love to guys, but I'd be driving a '93 dodge shadow there, cause I still have about $15k worth of parts to buy for my '91....It's being totally redone...

Maybe someone from minnesota could swing through Osage Iowa on their way down, and pick me up??

~Chris

Midwest Gathering

Pry won't make it...
...using all of my vacation time to attend my daughter's graduation out of state.

Take care / Be safe - Dave

Re: Midwest Gathering

That's alright Dave. Hey, seeing where Nationals are this year, Maybe we could try caravaning agian. But this time it would be me getting up early instead of you. Hmm... I wonder if that also means that I'll have to turn around half way there. Man, I hope not :) TAke care Dave. Later

Thomas

I would probably attend depending upon dates. It would give me an excuse to visit my parents who live there.

Chris

That'd be awesome if you could make it. No date set yet. I'm shooting for somewhere in the middle of April. I'll let ya know when I get it figured out.

Thomas

Alright, I just checked KCIR and they have thier 2002 schedule up. Here are the dates open for KCIR in April: Friday the 12th, 19th, 26th are all Friday Night Drags.

Heartland in Topeka has one Friday night open on the 12th, but it is the night before the first points race, so it might be awful busy with people trying to do some last minute test & tune.

There aren't any Saturday grudge races or test and tunes listed for either track.

Please let me know which weekend would work best for you, or if you have any preference at all. Thanks agian.

Thomas

More details

Kansas City meet Pre Details ~~~~APRIL 19- 21~~~. I wanted to get this out as early as possible,as you all see I did not do too well.
BUT
We got some sponsorship I am PROUD to announce that Embree Specialty Machine will be sponsoring this meet
www.embreemachine.com/
FOLKS LET ME TELL YOU THEY ARE ONE OF THE PREMIER AFTER MARKET RESOURCES FOR SC's
AND
They also have I believe 4 of the fastest SC's around and soon to be a few more.....
I have personally witnessed a few of their machines run and it was IMPRESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST !@!!!!
Since Embree Specialty Machine will be hosting for us, this will give us the benefit of having a raffle
Something's Will be Donated and we all can purchase raffle tickets to have a chance at winning....
I already Have silk screening laid out for us (t-shirts,ball caps for the meet)
And I contacted K.C.I.R. They will give us a discount 20.00 at the MOST to race , Our own class , And area of the track...(and we also could support them in their bid to stay alive)
E-Mail me so I can get a handle on how many discount certificates we will need from them...
mpetillo@kc.rr.com
Hotel has not been decided yet I will stay close to the track for ease of use (I will try to stay below 55.00 a night if I can) and try to find one that will allow a burnout contest ...
Dyno has not been decided Yet (ANY LOCALS WANT TO TACKLE THIS???? SUNDAY ) If not I will get to it A.S.A.P.
We will also have an awards ceremony and hand out SOME type of award's (T.B.D.) fastest,cleanest, mods, ect ect ect,,,

So for Now I wanted to get the date out so all of you could start planning early APRIL 19-21
Hotel and other info will be provided SOON!! (this week fer sure)

Give me ANY ideas or any Special accommodations if needed . I can provide rooms for a few to stay (free) you jus have to deal with my kids ;-]

So Friday 19th everyone arrives get acquainted hang out , drinkers stay at hotel and drink NON drinkers can local cruise if anyone would like the local cruise spot is (I HOPE) the strip we stay on...

Sat 20th head to the track OR dyno racing ect ect,,,
Sat night we will all VOTE for the award winning cars. dinner together,
war stories ect ect...

Sun 21st Awards handed out packed and on our way by NOON!!!

(If anyone needs to leave early I can give out awards early ) Forward this to all you know the more cars the better !!!!!
This should be a blast and April weather is still nice and cool will be great track weather
Anything I missed?
Marc

Hotel

Comfort Inn, formerly Howard Johnson
I-70 and Noland Road - (816) 373-8856 for reservation
Ron Moore (contact at hotel) cell phone (816)985-8856 for questions
Atrium , Pool , Hottub , Miniture Golf , Bar, Game Room ,Fridge in every room...
Free Full Breakfast Bar 59.99 a night
Say "Midwest Super Coupe Club " for discount
regular room rates start at 79.99 a night (nice place)
On Same road as track aprrox 8 min away
As usual you can contact me at
mpetillo@kc.rr.com

Re: More details

I am proud to announce that the TCCOA is now a sponsor in the Kansas City meet
The raffle will have a few more gifts as of now
We also have the facilities of a DYNO now www.gomcracing.com/
They will give us a discount as of now 45.00 for 2 pulls
Would like to do the dyno on friday night (he said they would stay open till 8.00PM ... that way we could all go to the track together
Going to go and scope out the hotel today and make some maps

Also local facilities along NOLAND road Parts store, Restraunt etc

The hotel prices are not people specific ( meaning you could share rooms and split prices ) Same price for a double
Will post maps soon

P.S..Wanted to clear one thing up the "cars" I have personally witnessed run were not actually owned by Embree Machine
They are personally owned cars that Embree Machine has worked on .....

Hey, MakoSC

Do you know or could you find out, what is KCIR's policy on helmets?

Re: MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!!!!!

Just mapped out the hotel and track, and I would like everyone to know~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW~~~
The hotel has a beautiful atrium, indoor pool, 15 PERSON HOT TUB, sauna, air hockey, ping pong, mini golf, full breakfast, refridgerator in every room (for your beer).....All FREE. Also a cabana bar that opens at 5. Should be a good time no matter what we do.
In other words, this hotel fills up every weekend and can only hold rooms for so long. First come first serve. Lots of things for the woman to do also...my wife will coordinate the shopping on Saturday. Any restaurant you can imagine is within a mile. The race track (KCIR) is 5 miles away on the same road. Call me if you need any help making arrangements.
913-299-4351 Marc and Erica

Re: Kansas City Meet. DATE SET!!

hello! I was wondering if I could come a long I donn't have a sc at this time , but I need to take my swb (short wheel base ) lincoln mark viii out for a drive , from Lincoln Ne , hey I could being some photos of the 5 swb t-birds sc I built ,just for fun !!

Back