Not a good day....

Deep6

Check this out. I'm driving along in a two lane two way road with a central "turning lane" so people can make turns without disrupting traffic.

Anyway a giant school bus is in the right lane and is stopping every two feet to let the kiddies off. I of course am in the left lane and am trying to pass the bus between stops. Some of the cars ahead of me, get past the bus and it's nasty pop out stop signs. So now it's my turn.

Ok, I can accelerate faster than a fooking bus. 1" of vacuum, shift at 1800rpm, adequate acceleration. I'm starting to pass the bus.

However, it was not quick enough for moronic baby blue Ford Contour guy. He dodges left into the aforementioned turning lane and decides to use it as the "extra special passing just for people with baby blue ford contours that are missing the front grill lane".

Me seeing this injustice brought against the SC decides to send the go pedal south and the boost guage singing above 10psi. Although I am in 3rd gear by this point and going like 30mph at 1500rpm or so I can't pull on this guy and he pulls ahead of me!!!!

No f'n way. And to top it off, he had a base model 4 banger contour. What is the deal yo!

I'm thinking here are the problems:

1. I was in too high a gear to really show him the smack down.
2. I was asleep and didn't notice him gaining speed on me in time.

3 and last: My motor is down on power. I'm thinking intercooler tubes that need to be resealed.

What's anyone elses thoughts?

Sounds like you were running too few rpms, 30mph is the lowest i ever use 3rd gear, any lower and the engine becomes a complete dog. I think 30mph is at about 1000rpms. Combined with your lack of normal power you definately were not in a position for decent acceleration.

Next time time toss it in first and watch the kiddies in the bus laugh at the moron.

-Travis

i agree with travis, downshift the bird and flip him the bird as you go tearing by his sorry keyster.

well considering you can gun it in first and get to 50mph, I would say you were goin to slow for third.. should have downshifted to second and cut him off ;) Thats like a bitch slap, love that ;) Not so much cutting off just going in the persons lane and going slow... :p

Back