70mm TB & 75mm TB linkage q??

J

jpaitala

Does those TB's from Bill E have the throttle linkage on them or do I need to get the old linkage out of the stock TB??
If I need to get the old linkage out from the stock TB how is this done??
What kind of task is it to swap the TB from stock to 70mm or 75mm.

Just asking this because I'm thinking of ordering 76mm MAF and 70 or 75mm TB.

Thanks.

The throttle bodies that Bill E and MN12 Performance sell already have the proper SC linkage. They are made this way by BBK/Edelbrock, derived from a Mustang TB originally. They are actualy branded "SUPERCOUPE" right in the casting.

It is quite an easy swap, and the new TB will also come with a new gasket. All you have to do is unclip the throttle cable from the linkage, remove the TPS and IAC from the stock unit (unclip wires first), and swap them onto the new TB before re-installing.

After the new TB is installed, you may beed to play with the IAC setting, and the idle screw on the other side from the IAC, to get the car to idle properly at its preferred setting.

Order the 76mm C&L and the 75mm TB. Nice combination. Take it from someone who has had both.

Jeff,

What are you talking about, there isn't any grinding and welding required if you buy the part made for Super Coupes from Bill E.

You must be talking about buying the cheaper Mustang part and reworking it.

David

Good to hear this... :)
Thanks guys, no wI know that it should be an easy swap.

If you have an automatic transmission with TV linkage, you must readjust it after swapping the throttle bodies. On the BBK 70mm, I noticed that the TV linkage is in a slightly different position than the stock TB. But I didn't notice this at first, and it was enough to cause my tranny to slip through the gears, luckily I pulled off the road real quickly...

Huked on foniks werks fer me

David,

Your right I was thinking of modifing the BBK 75mm Mustang TB for use on the SC. I read but didn't comprehend.

Jeff

You also need to open up (port) the plenum entrance a little (1/8'' to zero for the 70mm). Easy to do using the gasket as a template and then bevel the entry with a dremel. Making sure to stuff a rag down the plenum first, because the alum. swarf goes everywhere.

If you have an 89 or 90 SC you will also have to bypass the coolant line that goes through the stock TB. The easiest way to do this is with some copper tubing. I forgot what size exactly though but I can dig in my garage and find it if you so desire. Its been along time since I've had my 90 SC.

Good question because it certainly won't cool the TB once your at operating temp. I believe they did this on the early models to heat the TB for cold air climates, but I'm not sure. Frankly it makes no difference and bypassing it works just fine.

Back