PDA

View Full Version : sudden exaust tone change

charber
03-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Okay, fellas here's the deal, last night I was on my way home from work when I hit a patch of ice. Rpms tached out, and when I got home noticed that my exaust tone changed from a real tinny sound to a nice mellow tone as it should sound, any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Charber

1BADSC
03-06-2003, 12:13 PM
last time i had a sudden exhaust change a manifold bolt came loose and another one fell off right after i passed a tractor trailer, then the manifold burnt one of my wires. So check it out. mine didn't sound like it was coming from the manifold but it was

charber
03-06-2003, 12:33 PM
the car had been sounding like it had a real bad exaust leak for about a year, but i've taken it two or three different places and all of them said there was no leak. I just figured my cats were busted up on the inside and left it at that. but I just went and put an ear on it this morning and it still sounds a bit tinny but now just on the left side. Does that make any sense?
Charber

charber
03-06-2003, 12:34 PM
and what's the story on the newbie, i've been posting for almost two years. lol

1BADSC
03-06-2003, 12:55 PM
you have to go into your user settings and change that, and I would have guessed you should have more than 5 posts if you have been on for 2 years. LOL. Get to posting.

joenintiesc
03-06-2003, 01:17 PM
His posts seem stuck on 5. Charber, please respond and confirm. :D

1BADSC
03-06-2003, 02:22 PM
yeah i noticed that after I posted, oops. LOL