EEC pinout/cool trick

MtDewd

Does anybody have a diagram of the pinout for the EEC and which wires carry which signals?

Reason: I did this on my turbo Talon and it worked great: Hook up an indicator light to the signal wire that carrys the knock sensor signal. When the light comes on you have knock. The brighter the light the more knock you are getting. Works great!

I also need a diagram of the wires for the fuel sending unit/pump if anyone has them. Thanks.

Pin 23 I believe it is "MCU module to knock sensor"; I can double check another diagram I have later.

So do you just put the indicator light inline on the Knock sensor wire?

Also what type of light do you use?

low voltage bulb....

You have to place a lower voltage bulb (at least in my talon) because the signal is not much voltage. I tried a standard 1/2 inch blue flat bulb in my talon and I could barely see it light up. Then I put a smaller voltage bulb in and it lit up more (time to pull a little boost, I wish we could control boost like that). I just spliced into the wire going into the EEC and mounted it on the dash. I haven't tried it yet in the SC but I'm going to put it right next to my boost gauge on my dual A pillar pod. When there's knock it will flicker a little then turn brighter the more knock there is due to the stronger signal.

There are other posts on this subject here that go into detail about a knock light for the SC. I am sure it is different on that perticular car (Talon). It has a different type of knock sensor than any other Ford in those years. Look up the test procedure for the knock sensor in the manuals for each of these cars and you will see the difference.

Back