Bad IAC Indications? Normal and Really wierd

Lugen

Hi,
As most of you know my SC has been down and out since after Christmas. Before I drop it off to a mechanic, two have refused to touch it , I want to know YOUR experience with a BAd IAC . THe normal indications and some who have had abnormal indications that where cured with a replaced IAC
Thanks
Lee

Lugen said:
Hi,
As most of you know my SC has been down and out since after Christmas. Before I drop it off to a mechanic, two have refused to touch it , I want to know YOUR experience with a BAd IAC . THe normal indications and some who have had abnormal indications that where cured with a replaced IAC
Thanks
Lee
1. Idle races to 2000+ rpm when the IAC internal diaphragm ruptures and thus leaks too much air past the throttle plate.
2. Sometimes makes honking sound when turning the car off.
3. Or, car won't idle without holding the throttle open slightly. Unplugging the IAC makes no difference in idle speed.
4. Cannot be replaced with aftermarket IAC even though the listing says its the right part, unless it is a valve closed design. Valve open design will cause the idle speed to race.
5. Best thing to get is the Motrocraft part from Ford which will mount correctly.

Normal and Really wierd

If you still have a problem after replacing it with the Motrocraft part from Ford, Its more than likely you have a bad intake air leak. Depending on how bad the leak is, the symtoms can range from no start, to start and die, or high/low idle like a bad IAC. good luck

Back