Vmm

T

thunderkid84

i just bought a 90 SC about a month ago and im looking for a VMM i think its called ( the electronic fluid meter ). i wondered if anyone has one and how much it would cost me. Thanx.;)

Sorry i don't have one to sell or steal for that matter.. but i think VMM stands for Vehicle Maintenance Monitor... i am pretty sure thats what it means but not 100% sure....

Did your car come with one? or do you just want one, because the cars with VMM came with sensors to mointor while the non-vmm cars didn't.. so you might have some trouble there...

VMM con't

my car came with one but my friend (JoeW623) busted the damn clips that hold it in. so...im looking for a decent one that works to replace it. :)

Check the Parts For Sale forum to track down what you need. You may not need the complete unit if it's just some busted clips. When I hit a deer my VMM came flying out of the dash (along with the rear view mirror popping off the windshield) and busted up it's clips pretty good.

I used some two part epoxy and tie wraps to get it all back together and installed pretty well.

You can also use Duck tape to wrap the metal and plastic clips and hold them in place. A lot of them get broken b/c guys try to remove by prying on the plastic when they should reach further back with a tiny screw driver or even a pair of paper clips to release the clips and remove it. Good luck

Yes, these things are a pain in the *** to remove. I've had 2 t-birds with them and both ended up busted. The clip breaks so it slowly slides out while you're driving. Mine is currently held in with double sided sticky tape.

Back