Milan *UPDATED" click link for details

S

SVTman 74

Milan *UPDATED" click link for details

<A HREF="http://www.tbirdsc.com/images/milan.html"
TARGET="new window">
Click me</A>

Keep checking back I will update as I get new info
also you can see info on my website BOOKMARK IT LOL :)

Ok I have updated the details of the event as of FEB 19

What I need is a list of confirmed people to run, you dont pay if you dont run. They want a 150 dollar dep. which I will cover, the rest of you guys pay me at the meet when you pay you run. the cost will be determined on how many confirmed runners we have. if I get 15 people to run that is $40. More people the cheaper the cost. SO come on spread the word and email me confirmations at
SVTman74@msn.com

UPDATE 4/9/2002

So far the weather seems to favor us. I am looking forward to everybody showing up , remeber to get the most out of this be here at 9 am gate will open at 8am...

see me for the tech slip as it stands with 25 people saying they will run, I have the price down to 35 dollars. pay me and you get a tech sheet.

SC ya all there

Re: Milan

Milan Dragway is in S.E. Michigan about 17 miles south of Ann Arbor Michigan, 55 miles east of Jackson Michigan and about 38 miles north of Toledo Ohio.

2a.jpg

Milan

I can't open the link but if you guys are planning to meet at Milan Dragway count me in!
When?

Dan Sly
Milford, MI
slycrew@bignet.net
91 Thunderbird SC 5 spd.
84 Maserati Biturbo

thats cuz the site was down, try again

sometime in april, I have to call Milan first, and set it up, I just want a estimate of participation

Not sure if you guys have heard about the BIG V6 race in ONtario, which is about 3 hours from Milan, I was at MIlan last year. There is a $500 gift certificate up for grabs for SC guys only, being donated by Magnum Powers for this race, also SuperCoupe Performance Parts is also donating a prize. Check out the race detials at members.rogers.com/pb_milan for more info, there is a messageboard on the site as well for any questions you may have. The race is scheduled for Friday June 14th 10am-4pm

Jamie

i might make the 4hr ride to run. i need some times befor i go to WFC.

Re: milan

This sounds really great. I'll likely attend.

As a suggestion, contact Doug Williams or Charles Markman at "midwestscguys@hotmail.com" at have them email all the SC owners that they have on their email address list. THis should get the information out their quickly.
Bill E.

i will prolly be in. i'm in bowling green ohio. maybe my cousin will come too. keep us posted about when you need the money by and everything. if i'm not busy, i'm definately in.
-matt

Real good chance I'd make it.

{edit}
Just checked the link. Um, 3hrs with between 15-30 cars???? Dude, you can't MAKE that many passes. You'll wear out your car! Beats the hell out of a normal test and tune. I'll do everything I can to be there. You should too.

{edit}
Just no more than 30! I hate waiting in line! :lol: j/k :lol:

Shane,

You know I'm in. Is this a T-Bird exclusive event? I have two friends who are both T-Bird owners, but their "drag" cars are a Cobra and a Dakota R/T -which they would idealy run. Obviously they would lower the cost, but this is your brainchild and your call. Might be fun to beat up on a couple rouge vehicles though :)

-Derek

what are there 1/4 times lol if they are fast than NO lol My buddy who gave me the idea is coming with his 01 cobra (hopefully w/SC installed) and my brother wants to run his 92 vette (he never has) so Yea sure, the more the merrier, and if we go over 15 cars runnning ther cost will be $30 dollars extra a hour making it 660 total If we have 20 people running it will cost 33 dollars the

Note To keep costs down I need a mininum of 15 verified runners ( 40 $) if we have 10 guys well thats 60$ do the math

I am shooting for 15 ~20 so the price can range from 41.25 (16 cars) to 33$ (20 cars)

I am confusing my self I am going to shut up now

I NEED EMAILS PEOPLE !! lol It helps keep track of the planning. its not that difficult so far I have maybes and mights with only 8 verified I hope
I will compile a list shortly

hey last time i was at the track there was about 40 cars there and the most people in the staging lanes at one point was like 4-5 cars. i dont know how many solo runs i made cause there was no one waiting. Id say get more than 15 cars. Youll need to have some cool down time between runs, what are you going to do, run the 15 cars that will take like 15-20 minutes then sit for an hour with no one running on the track then do it all over again??? Im probably not going to drive 4hrs just to make 3 runs then drive 4hrs home.

Vic , I am tryin to recruit more people, cuz more the cheaper, and so forth. I don't know about you, but I think we can get more than 3 runs in. remeber the track is ours for 3 hours. you can run however many times you want. Some people may not even run more than 3 times, and call it quits, and just hang out and BS. It doesnt tak elong to cool down the car either if you use ICE on the IC and SC top they selll it there. I can understand your point about driving 4 hours, me personally I wouldnt drive 4 hours LOl...

Right now I have 18 cars running. 18 cars times an avg of 15 secs is 4.5 min, count in 18 mins for staging and returning, divide by 2 cuz you run 2 at a time is 11 to 12 minutes a run

now if it was a well oiled machine with those numbers in 3 hours you can get 15 to 16 runs in lol

Vic..

When were you at Milan?

When the track is rented out, they hot-lap the entire time. I've been to one of these before when the Dakota R/T club rented out Milan. You really can make as many passes as you desire and the gist of the time there is mostly spent hanging out. It's not a bad idea at all.

derek

it wasnt milan, it was us41, the indiana stangers rented it out. They did the entire day, from 8a-3p, i got there round 9 and ran like 7 runs, letting the car cool between runs.

as far as hotlapping it, corral day 2001, track was open from 9-4 and some guy hotlaped it all day ended up running like 60+ runs. so yea more than 3 runs is most definatly possible. I just like to give my car at least 30-45 min to cool.

---"It doesnt tak elong to cool down the car either if you use ICE on the IC and SC top they selll it there"---

Shane hey buddy, no IC or SC here, remember ive got a 4.6, i dunno, it will probably be a last minute thing with me. If its ok with you, ill probably let you know the day before if im going to come out.

Back