Ford Motor (strong stomachs only)

sail7seas

08:41 ET Ford Motor: analyst sees possible bankruptcy (F) 7.45: The Daily Telegraph reports that a scathing examination by Sean Egan, founder of the Egan-Jones ratings agency and the analyst who reportedly predicted WorldCom and Enron would go bust long before Wall Street realized it, puts Ford's future in doubt; Egan offers 8 reasons why the co could be in serious trouble, including huge pension fund liabilities and a lack of cash to fund borrowings. "If it didn't have the name Ford, it would be in bankruptcy right now."

The Daily Telegraph

I don't have the time right now to find the full article.
But someone could search the "The Daily Telegraph"
Later,
Chris

I wonder what they predicted for GM in the late '80s-early '90s when they were broke and way overstaffed/inefficient compared to Ford.

This actually isn't new news. Analysts have been cautioning about Ford for about a year now. When you start to see the statement "going concern" from more than one analyst and the investment bankers, THEN its time to worry.. that is if you're a shareholder..

Even if Ford goes BR, it doesn't mean they'll stop making cars. In fact, I can assure you that they won't.

If they are going to go under, the government would bail them out so fast it will make your head spin. The economy could not handle losing one of the big 3

They have recently had similar news about GM. Apparently GM is having problems paying pensions and returning loans to their own financing company, GMAC. As a matter of fact, it sounded like they were worse than Ford was.

I found some of it over at modernvehiclesonline.tk, on the news page.. but I'm not sure if the stories are still there.

Back