145 MPH Speedometer

XR7

Good Day all

I have seen several posts talking about 145 Speedo's.. it seems people are saying they can not find them or they are extremely hard to find...

I dont' understand this... I have found near a dozen in salvage yards around the country... have a whole cluster on the way with a 145 speedo in it for very little cash...

Also I have a second cluster coming in on Tuesday.. for a little more than the first..

Both are under 100k.. fact one is 86k and one is 49k...

anyone interested in one of them?.. or where to find one?..

Karl

I would be interested.....let me know how much you are looking to get for either the speeometer by itself, or the whole cluster, either way!!!

LJGriggs said:
I would be interested.....let me know how much you are looking to get for either the speeometer by itself, or the whole cluster, either way!!!

hey... well the are both on thier way... and it would be the whole cluster.. not going to hack out the speedo an be stuck with a dead cluster.. will have one with out a speedo anyway when I take my speedo.. :)

Look at it this way.. you can buy a new speedo from ford for over 200 bucks... you tell me what you want to pay for the whole cluster.. ?..

Karl

From reading other post here. I thought you could buy a cluster for 250.00 from ford.
So you think for 200.00 you can just buy the speedo from ford. Just asking because I
had planed to buy a 145mph cluster from Ford for $250.00.

Will a 145 speedo out of a SHO "fit" our cars? Just curious because there are a few of those around here.

I'll give you 50 + a set of my intercooler gaskets. Otherwise I think I'll just fix mine, odometer quit workin' on it. Got several spare early units to canniblize...

'bird

tbird88 said:
Will a 145 speedo out of a SHO "fit" our cars? Just curious because there are a few of those around here.

I'll give you 50 + a set of my intercooler gaskets. Otherwise I think I'll just fix mine, odometer quit workin' on it. Got several spare early units to canniblize...

'bird

tbird88,
I would be willing to sell the just speedo head for 50 bucks plus the gaskets... I like that Idea alot.. however I paid for the whole cluster... if you would be willing to pay 100 for the whole cluster... plus a gasket set.. I would go for that.... I just don't know what I would do with a cluster minus the speedo head..

If you look at it this way... you also have a few other spare parts.. along with lots of extra cluster lights.. Let me know what you think?..

Karl

just a question about the speedo's

What other ford vehicles have 145 speedo that will fit in the bird.
I had heard once that some crown vic's had them, but have never found any.

thanks for the info

jim

ps. dam i wish i had some cash to buy one from you.

I want one that says 200 (Km/h) ha ha

I was thinking of ordering the Canadian version for first glance sheeits and giggles.

People dont often see the km/h...They see the 2xx and say

WTF?

Anyone know how to order a Km/h speedo? Local Ford dealer or have to call Canada, eh?

- Mike

i paid 155 for a 145mph speedo on ebay. well the whole cluster... but damn. makes the car seem fast and i think it gave me 25 extra hp to get to the 145....

tbird88 said:

'bird
Wynn, i looked into the SHO speedo. it's a bit bigger than ours. I could get one at the boneyard but i know it won't fit. BTW.. How long would it take to get a set of downtubes from ya? What size are they and will they bolt up to the Flowmaster resonator 15100? I just bought the complete flowmaster setup and i need some downtubes to delete my cats. I have 2 sets of stock manifolds for you if your interested. PM me and let me know. Jeremy

Can't find them!?!

Hi XR7,

I've searched through the boneyards several times, to no avail (up here in Northern CA). I was thinking of throwing a later cluster in my '90, since the speedo is dead (odometer still works, oddly enough!?!).

Did you ever sell the "extra" cluster? If not, I may be interested. Also, thanks 'Blown94, for the Ford P/N! :)

Later,

Greg

The 145 mph 94 - 95 SC speedo, and the Canadian version, which is numbered to 220 km/h, but has markngs after that, are no longer available as new service parts from Ford. There may still be dealers that have one on the shelf, you would have to do some searching.

cheers
Ed N.

145 speedo....!

XR7 said:
Good Day all

I have seen several posts talking about 145 Speedo's.. it seems people are saying they can not find them or they are extremely hard to find...
I dont' understand this... I have found near a dozen in salvage yards around the country... have a whole cluster on the way with a 145 speedo in it for very little cash...
Also I have a second cluster coming in on Tuesday.. for a little more than the first..
Both are under 100k.. fact one is 86k and one is 49k...
anyone interested in one of them?.. or where to find one?..
Karl
Link to this post, Don't have the cash right now, but am interested in finding one thru you! W.L.

Back