World Ford Challenge Rooms

B

Bill Evanoff

World Ford Challenge Rooms

Thanks to Doug Williams for setting up a small block of rooms for the SCCoA. Here is Doug's recent note to me. Get the rooms before they are all gone!!

Bill,
The World Ford Challenge is at Gateway Int'l raceway, May 16 - 19. I have found that a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning arrival works best. Here is the information on the block of rooms reserved for us.

It is at the Hampton INN, Colonsville, IL - about 5 miles from Gateway. The rate is $79/night(2 double). There are 7 rooms blocked for sccoa. The dates I have blocked are from May 16-18. Anyone wanting to stay there will need to call and reserve one of the rooms for the day they want. The block
will be saved for us till May 2nd - so the reservations need to be made by then. After that day the rooms go to whoever.
The phone # is (61:cool: 346-4400

The Hampton Inn is a nice, new hotel and right where all the burnouts occur.

If anyone has a question they may email me at dtwmtb@hotmail.com

Re: World Ford Challenge Rooms

Sweet! I'm in already...Thanks Doug and Bill!!

SCYA there!

Hampton's Phone

The phone at the Hampton is 618-346-4400

just a fyi, if these fill up, TCCoA has their normal block of rooms at the Pear Tree Inn just ask for the TCCoA Discounted rate and I think they are 69/night from 5/16-5/19 their phone number is (618) 345-9500

How many people usually attend this event?

People or MN12 owners?

If I recall, there were somewhere around 20-30 MN12's showing last year. Not sure how many were running. Total people, geez, way in the thousands. Not sure there.

Dale

I meant cars. Is this MN12 meet only, or is something else being held simultaniously? I can't picture 30 cars and 1000 people.

www.worldfordchallenge.com

they say, and i believe them, its the biggest all ford carshow/race in america. Its being held outside stlouis mo, at Gateway Int. Speedway. any and all ford powered cars are eligible for entry into the races or show, there was a camaro with a ford bigblock there last year. "For four straight years, the Mobil 1 World Ford Challenge has offered you over 700 drag race Fords, over 800 car show entrees, and over 35,000 Ford-loving fans" --wfc webpage.

ive been to wfc2,3,4 and im going to be there for #5!!! Ive won 2nd place in the show-n-shine at wfc3 so this year im going to try my hand at the racing thing!!

Bill, mostly it's a big Mustang-fest. But we can't let the Mustangs have all the fun. So the more TBirds the merrier. :)

And honestly, lots of the Mustang guys come by and look at the birds and are impressed. I got some pretty good comments on mine last year.

Dale

So Colonsville IL is 5 miles from St. Louis MI?

You'll have to excuse me, I'm Canadian!

I guess it is time to consult a map.

Back