dead battery when shocks are pluged in

joel

please post on tech .forum
1990 35 th.arrest me red super coupe
car was given to me uncle russell who had to go to the drag strip in the sky ( god bless )
the car is red with leather and mint cond. inside and out ? its only problem is that unless i unplug the front shock wires the battrey goes dead
i have tryed unpluging one at a time no help if I pull the main fuse to the shocks the battery stays up.
this is by far the best road car i have ever driven (stock)
I gave my mark car to my daughter and miss it some but all i have to do fire up the russeller and im ready to fly. even at 65 years
old this car puts me back to 16 all over again but not the same way my 1929 A tudor does.
help shock less in seattle sorta. the russeller
tbcjoelnicky@aol.com

Check the ARC module and relays. The are located in the trunk. The rear deck has a tray attached underneath. Unlock the latch on the drivers side by pulling out the plug, then pull the tray down.

There are two relays, Front and Rear, if both ends drain the battery I would suspect the ARC module. The ABS control module is located here also as is some JBL stereo amps so make sure you know which one to check. Get the relays at a Ford dealer and goto a salvage yard for another ARC module. One from any SC will work.

www.car-part.com to find one.

Vernon

Not really helping but have to add a question

When I am sitting in my car I can hear the relay clicking away back there while the light in the dash blinks. Is this Normal? is it going to break? Does it affect my handling? Are Brittany's Boobs really natural?

sounds familiar,

I don't exactly understand what you mean by
unless i unplug the front shock wires the battrey goes dead

Do you mean unplug just the front two shock wires or disconnect the entire circut from the car.

Anyway a while back I had a similar problem. Replace one or both of the relays that were described as being in the trunk. for some reason they cause the battery to go dead.
Yes, you will hear them click and the light will flash, but clicking relays doesn't always mean working relays.

jim

Back