PDA

View Full Version : ATTN PEOPLE GOING TO CARLISLE (without a room yet)! UPDATED!

Bill A McNeil
01-29-2002, 03:11 AM
Although I have already secured a room at the Super 8, it looks as if both hotels will not be able to accommodate the increasing number of SCs attending this wonderful event.

Last year, I stayed at the Clarion Inn, one exit up the main interstate away from the Super 8 where everyone else stayed. This is only about FIVE MINUTES away from where everyone else will be (and five minutes further from the State Police station conveniently located next to where everyone insists on staying).

My advice would be to call the Clarion Inn directly of visit CHOICEHOTELS.COM and follow the links. There is a map that will show you how far it is from the fairgrounds. The price is about the same and the quality is much better than the Super 8 if you don't mind being a little further from the action.

In my opinion, this is where everyone should have stayed this year because there is more parking and more rooms, but I forgot to e-mail Bill E. with the suggestion, so my fault!

Good Luck.

Bill Evanoff
01-29-2002, 07:41 PM
Bill,
Thanks for the recommendation as I know of many people who still need a room.

We can certainly investigate this hotel for 2003!

gldiii
01-29-2002, 07:53 PM
I would urge everyone to check the reservations available on the Carlisle web site. I found their rates to be better than what I could get from calling hotels directly. Might not always be the case, but there is nothing wrong with getting the best (cheapest) rates!

Phone number for Accommodations Express 1-888-560-7666

Web site: www.carpro.com/DirecHotel/hotel.htm (http://www.carpro.com/DirecHotel/hotel.htm)

BlackbirdSC
02-01-2002, 12:17 AM
I just reserved a room at the Clarion. It has 2 double beds, so I'll SELECTIVELY pick someone to share the room. I have it for Friday and Sat night, would be about $140/ea between 2 people. I'm hoping for a non-smoking room cause rooms that have been smoked in give me headaches.

I used the link George posted. It says the Clarion is 2 or 4 miles from the fairgrounds.

Later,
Steve Webb

**edit**
Oh ya... I like the 5 miles farther from the State boys. Not planning on having to hide my car so they can't see the tire smoke coming out of the interior again this year. :evil: :p

Tazer999
02-03-2002, 01:42 AM
When is Carlisle? A friend and I were thinking of flying there, its too far to drive for both of us (vancouver bc)

pdennis93
02-03-2002, 01:48 AM
may 31-june 2

Tazer999
02-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Hrm.... What state is it in? Pennsylvania? I wonder how much a flight would cost

pdennis93
02-03-2002, 01:46 PM
its pennsylvania. pretty cheap i would think around $100 each way if you ordered it now or within a few weeks, im planning a trip to conneticut for spring break and the ticket prices are around $200 round trip from chicago

Dean Shirley
02-03-2002, 01:59 PM
There is no air-port in carlisle. Nearest place is Harrisburg International. BUT... I am a 'local.' My parents live about 30mins from Carlisle and about an hour from Harrisburg. If anyone is going to FLY in, i can pick you guys up. Depending on how many depends on what car(s) i would bring. 1-2 people - My sc. 3-4, my SC and my LX... 4-6, the mini-van.

I will pick people up, if need be, and take you from Harrisbugh to carlisle. I just need to know when the flight is and all the info. I know the air-port area like the back of my hand.

RustyWhiteNOS92SCinMarkham
02-04-2002, 11:07 AM
There's several choicehotels in the Carlisle area, which one are you talking about? What's the address?

Bill A McNeil
02-04-2002, 02:12 PM
The address is 1700 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 17013.

Its formal title is "Calrion Inn and Convention Center" because the hotel is quite large with banquet halls and meeting rooms. Their is also more than adequate parking and it is located on a quieter street without the busy intersections and retaurants.

This hotel should be our hotel of choice for 2003.

supercoupe1990
02-14-2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks Bill...I just reserved a room there...I hope there will be other SCCoA members there!

BlackbirdSC
02-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Well... that's at least 2 of us. Be on the lookout for a black SC with a Cervini's hood.

~S

FrontMountIC
03-04-2002, 11:53 PM
I just got a room at the Sleep INN for 109.00 a night
they said they have 6 left

it is on 5 E Garland St.
717 249 8863

DV8ER SC
03-05-2002, 02:52 AM
How close was that to the fairgrounds? That sounds a little pricey compared to the Super 8 and Clarion.

FrontMountIC
03-05-2002, 07:53 PM
That is the cheapest one available now.

I called every hotel there.
I think it is with in 5 min of the fairgrounds.

chuck

fast Ed N
03-22-2002, 02:46 AM
Hey out there

Who has a room booked by themself for Carlisle that they're looking to share to save some $$ ?

I would like to come down with the boys from Toronto this year, but don't relish the idea of two nights at $80 U.S. a night or whatever the going rate is.

Anyone ?

I don't snore (much) :)

e-mail me if interested ... fastedn@netcom.ca

thanks !!
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO