What type of oil should i use?

what to use ????

I ,ve been using ROYAL PURPLE 10/30 WINTER ....15/40 SUMMER..... ON A REBUILT AFTER USING REGULAR OIL FOR BREAK IN.. It,s not to pricey and you can even get it from J.C.WHITNEY...........FOR UNDER 5.00 A QUART............FAST FREDDIE....................

I just use Valvoline All-Climate 5w30, with a Motorcraft FL-400S filter, and I change it every 3000 miles.

Kinda funny...

We tore apart my engine, now in the process of doing a full rebuild, and everyone has said at the machine shop and my father who is a mechanic, that they have never seen an engine with 125k on the clock in this good of condition. When we went ot take out the pistons, they slid right out because there was barely a ridge at the top of the cylinders. Just something to think about. Mobil 1 has been used by me and a previous owner. Just something to think about.

my mechanic says REDLINE (? sorry... think it is redline, shortterm memory issues...) is worth the extra money (I think it's like $7 a quart) ... but we are in Arizona so the oil breaking down because of heat is a potentially big problem.

Back