Grand AM vs SC

Night-Ryder

I got a questions its mostly a matter of opinion though,

My buddy has a 1996 Grand AM SE with the 3.1L V6 in it. Auto
I have my 1993 SC with 5spd and both cars are completely stock.

We have wanted to race on the track many times but the weather here has just been plain crap.
What i wanna know is in the trims stated above which car
would win in a 1/4 mile. And by how much.
Thanks for your respones
Nick V

a good driver in the sc would win, but a bad driver would loose, it really depends on the driver, and i have no idea by how much they would win.. its just a matter of whos the better driver, but the sc definatly has the advantage

I raced my ex girlfriend in hers ( 2001 with v6) on the street and I kicked her behind. I even spun the tires in 1srt and 2nd.
mine is a 1989 5 speed no cats. the rest stock. If a grand am beats me Ill kill myself!:mad:

You have twice as much hp and tq as that car, my regal had a 3.8 (1990) in it and was rated at like 120-140 hp. My friend has a 3.1 cutlass and it will only turn the tires over in the dirt!! The only reason it will feel quick is becuase it is lighter.

You should have no problems with a grand am. I had a beretta with a 3.1 and it was a dog. I've raced my friend who has a 97 grand am with the same engine and it was'nt even close. The closest a grand am has ever come was on the highway when a newer gt model started messing with me. I pulled on him pretty bad though and he turned offat the next exit. I wouldn't worry about losing to a grand am, they are pretty slow.

94 5speed

Ron, you lost to that car? I can't beleive you would admit that.;) I beat him that day, and that was MOST defenitely not my best at the track.

Oh, if where you , I would not race your buddy until the weather breaks, and your SC is back together.:confused: How's that going?

Hoping to get her running today,
Ill post if she runs !

In all honesty just how bad really (not like no no no)
is not machining the heads assuming im gonna
rebuild the motor in the summer anyways. I dont intend to push her anymore cause i know that makes things worse but
is it gonna die on me in like a week or something , or like XXXXX kilometers or what. Basically is summer possible?

yes Ryan when I raced him he was running a bottle of NOS when you raced him he was out and ran without it.:D

Back