Installing upper IC tube

djgross

Hello,

I'm in the process of installing the upper IC tube. I removed the SC cover plate with the tube. I am using a gasket from Tbird88 and I'm having a difficult time lining up the 4 bolts on the SC due to the thickness of the gaskets.

I would be most appreciative if someone could give me some pointers on this install. Also, will using the gasket create a problem with the bolt on the water pump bracket?

TIA

Duane

Hmm, haven't heard of it bein' that hard to get the tubes etc back together usin' my gaskets. Best thing to do is bolt the top down, then install the upper tube loosely to the IC and then assemble the upper tube to the top. If ya get to the point where just ain't gonna go right and ya start usin' a few choice French words then you might wanna warm the gaskets with a hair drier or boiling water. Heat up to 500 degrees F won't hurt 'em at all.
Once they're installed the first time, they'll "take shape" and will be a breeze to re-install if need be later.

Holler if ya need anything else,

'bird

WHAT TO USE

COOPER SEALANT WORDS GOOD ALSO.......................HAVEN,T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT ..............FAST FREDDIE,,

Back